'Mad': New details reveal what Murdoch, Carlson really thought of Trump as Fox pushed false claims
The latest developments in Dominion Voting Systems' defamation lawsuit reveal Fox News primetime anchor Tucker Carlson and network mogul Rupert Murdoch both disapproved of former President Donald Trump despite publicly backing his false claims of voter fraud.
According to HuffPost, new text message transcripts released have highlighted remarks sent by Carlson on January 4, 2021. At the time, Carlson wrote, “We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait.”
“I hate him passionately,” he added.
READ MORE: 'Serious threat': legal experts say 'explosive' filing against Fox News poses offers 'damning evidence'
The text messages appear to show the extent of Carlson's effort to support a false narrative to his viewers.
Per the news outlet: "Publicly, Carlson continued to defend Trump, and later that year he released a documentary on the Fox Nation streaming service that suggested the Capitol riot was orchestrated as a 'false flag' operation, among other baseless conspiracy theories."
In addition to Carlson's incriminating text messages, remarks from Murdoch were also included in the latest flurry of documents. Those documents, released on Tuesday, March 7, highlighted Murdoch's concerns about whether or not Fox News hosts Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham had gone too far in echoing the conspiracy theories about voter fraud.
In an email to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott on Jan. 21, 2021, Murdoch wrote: “Maybe Sean and Laura went too far. All very well for Sean to tell you he was in despair about Trump but what did he tell his viewers?”
READ MORE: Steve Bannon slams 'oligarch' Murdoch and Fox News in CPAC speech for cutting Trump's 'newsworthy' speech
The Post reports:
... Murdoch appeared to be growing concerned about Trump’s behavior, writing to a friend that Trump appeared “increasingly mad” — with his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, “encouraging … and misleading him.”
Read the full report a the Washington Post.
READ MORE: 'Absolutely appalling': Kevin McCarthy is fundraising off giving January 6th footage to Tucker Carlson
- McCarthy blasted for handing over 41,000 hours of J6 video to 'liar' Tucker Carlson ›
- Kevin McCarthy gives Tucker Carlson a 'massive trove' of January Capitol 6th footage ›
- 'Toxic sludge': Paul Ryan torches Tucker Carlson when questioned about Fox News' election coverage ›
- 'How can he do that?' John King baffled by Tucker Carlson lying for Donald Trump despite hating him ›
- Trump to sell $99 book of letters he’s received from celebrities - Alternet.org ›
- Why is 'political bully' Rupert Murdoch’s lie machine poisoning American Democracy? - Alternet.org ›
- An ex-producer of the largest Fox show calls Trump supporters inbred 'terrorists' - Alternet.org ›