Steve Bannon slams 'oligarch' Murdoch and Fox News in CPAC speech for cutting Trump's 'newsworthy' speech
Former President Donald Trump ex-strategist Steve Bannon riled up the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) audience during his speech, as he rebuked Fox News and Fox Corporation Chairman Rupert Murdoch, Mediate reports.
The War Room podcast host did not hold back as he referred to the billionaire as an "oligarch" and his family as "'a bunch of foreigners' who've given America 'nothing.'"
"Murdoch, you've deemed Trump's not going to be president," Bannon shouted. "Well, we've deemed that you're not going to have a network. Because we’re going to fight you every step of the way!"
READ MORE: Steve Bannon stiffs lawyers as legal woes mount
Per Politico, Bannon first riled up the crowd by blasting Fox News "for announcing that Joe Biden had won Arizona on election night in 2020."
He asserted, "Fox News illegitimately called it for the opposition, and not Donald J. Trump."
As he continued to trash the network’s coverage, demanded Paul Ryan be removed, and told "old man Murdoch" to quit giving "softball" interviews to Trump’s primary opponents, Bannon was repeatedly showered with applause and cheers from the audience.
READ MORE: Steve Bannon’s podcast is a top spreader of lies and 'disinformation': report
Referring to the network's decision to "cut" Trump's speech, the former Trump advisor said, "Look at Fox News. The president announces his – this is historic. A guy gave you four years of peace and prosperity, announces he's going to run again after having it stolen in broad daylight of which they participate in — They don't even, they cover it live for 20 minutes and then they say if there’s anything newsworthy, we’ll cut back, and they go to some panel and some discussion."
Bannon shouted, "Note to Fox Senior management: When Donald J. Trump talks, it's newsworthy."
Watch the video below or at this link.
READ MORE: Steve Bannon’s former attorney is suing him for 'a whopping $480,487': report
Mediate's full report is available at this link. Politico's report is here.
- Watch: Steve Bannon says Republicans will teach Democrats a lesson 'by bayonet' ›
- Steve Bannon and MAGA allies promoted fake 'stolen election' claims ahead of Brazil riots ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Steve Bannon she plans to impeach Joe Biden over renewable energy ›
- 'Fine with it': CPAC goers attribute lack of attendance to 'lengthy booze lines' and 'fatigue' from midterms - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump buried over his 'bad Batman' speech at 'lackluster' CPAC - Alternet.org ›
- 'Populist and belligerent': Republican Party 'sad' state of division on full display at CPAC - Alternet.org ›
- 'They all knew': Media Matters files FEC complaint claiming Fox News broke election laws - Alternet.org ›
- Why is 'political bully' Rupert Murdoch’s lie machine poisoning American Democracy? - Alternet.org ›
- An ex-producer of the largest Fox show calls Trump supporters inbred 'terrorists' - Alternet.org ›
- Pro-Trump social media site backed by arrested billionaire Bannon ally looks to rebrand: report - Alternet.org ›