Donald Trump, again refusing to participate in a GOP debate, teased out the fate of every candidate on stage Wednesday night: He will choose none of them as his vice presidential running mate.
The ex-president who is facing 91 felony charges in four criminal cases across three jurisdictions and is now also facing the dissolution of his business empire, brought up the running mate question around the same time the debate on Fox News was kicking off.
"It's all over television, this speech," Trump falsely claimed, referring to his live remarks at a non-union shop one day after President Joe Biden stood on the picket line with UAW workers.
"You know, we're competing with the job candidates," Trump said, mocking his fellow Republican presidential candidates after he scheduled an event opposite the debate he refused to attend.
"They're all running for a job," he continued, as the audience began to boo.
"They want to be in the, they'll do anything," he continued. "Secretary of something."
"They even say VP, I don't know," Trump said. "Does anybody see any VP in the group? I don't think so."
Watch Trump at this link.
- 'Beat the lion': Trump’s rivals hope presidential debate will weaken his frontrunner status ›
- GOP governor: Debate candidates must 'attack Donald Trump' to ensure 'his path to victory shrinks' ›
- Trump says he won’t attend a single GOP debate ›
- It’s complicated: Here’s why Trump is ditching the Fox News GOP debate ›
- Trump campaign weighing 'counter-programming' options to 'upstage' GOP debate: report ›
- Analysis: Trump can get away with skipping a debate but can't ... ›
- Trump skips GOP debate, again, this time for Michigan rally with ... ›
- Trump to skip 2024 Republican presidential primary debates | AP ... ›
- As GOP candidates debate, Donald Trump maintains the lead and ... ›
- Republican debate: Republicans face growing urgency to stop ... ›