‘The time has come’: Report says Melania Trump told husband to accept defeat
First Lady Melania Trump is the latest person in President Donald Trump's orbit to encourage him to accept the reality of defeat in the 2020 presidential election.
A source close to the first lady confirmed that she has advised Trump to give up the fight, according to CNN correspondent Shimon Prokupecz.
"First Lady Melania Trump has joined the growing chorus of President Trump's inner circle advising him the time has come for him to accept the loss, a source familiar with the conversations tells CNN," Prokupecz revealed on Twitter.
First Lady Melania Trump has joined the growing chorus of President Trump’s inner circle advising him the time has… https://t.co/rX8pxVbT9F— Shimon Prokupecz (@Shimon Prokupecz)1604851663.0
- A vote for doom: Trump is defeated — but the state of chaos remains - Alternet.org ›
- Why Trump's downfall is a serious blow for the global right-wing movement - Alternet.org ›
- Is Trump really plotting a coup — or is it just a pathetic last gasp of a defeated man? - Alternet.org ›
- Trump supporters are slowly coming to grips with his miserable defeat - Alternet.org ›
- There's no comfort & joy in Melania Trump's bleak and impersonal Christmas decor - Alternet.org ›
- Trump was so upset with Melania's renovations at Mar-a-Lago that he demanded they be removed: report - Alternet.org ›
- Trump isn’t the only Republican who is refusing to accept defeat - Alternet.org ›
- 'Always the victim': Critics slam Melania Trump's self-centered statement on Capitol Hill riots - Alternet.org ›
- Melania Trump records farewell video urging Americans not to 'lose sight of integrity' — gets totally mocked - Alternet.org ›
- Revealed: Secret Trump-era report destroys a fundamental Republican talking point - Alternet.org ›