'You think I’m a jackass?' Rudy Giuliani defends supporting 'clean' Trump amid legal battles
Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani on Sunday defended his support for former President Donald Trump despite ongoing legal battles.
During Giuliani's Sunday WABC radio program, the former mayor acknowledged Trump was "not a saint."
"He's not corrupt, at least as far as we know, right?" co-host Dr. Maria Ryan replied.
"He's had 40 million investigations, and nothing's come out," Giuliani claimed. "They did an investigation of 20 to 30 years of his business dealings in New York, and this is what they came up with. Some stupid, ridiculous, non-disclosure agreement, which every New York businessman has, which was about a personal matter, not a business matter."
"They couldn't come up with him cheating somebody?" he asked, ignoring settlements like the Trump University scam.
Giuliani argued that Trump was less corrupt than any businessman in New York City.
"It's the reason I supported him," he revealed. "You think I'm a jackass? Who the hell do you think understands criminals and non-criminals in this city better than anybody? I knew that Donald Trump was, for a New York businessman, about as clean as they get."
In fact, Trump is facing numerous civil and criminal investigations for business dealings, misuse of inauguration money, the Capitol riot, 2020 election interference, and others.
Listen to the audio clip below or at this link.
- 'What a buffoon': Rudy Giuliani ridiculed after proclaiming himself a 'moderate biblical scholar' ›
- 'What about Bill Clinton?' Rudy Giuliani calls Manhattan DA a 'piece of I don't know what' ›
- Hairstylists explain the lesson that should be learned from Rudy Giuliani's disastrous TV appearance ›
- Giuliani said he was 'selling pardons for $2 million, which he and Trump would split': ex-associate - Alternet.org ›
- 'A murky mess': Combative Rudy Giuliani blistered by judge for balking at turning over documents - Alternet.org ›