New analysis highlights the reckless nature of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson
A new analysis is shedding light on the behind-the-scenes battle brewing between Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and the network's primetime conservative host Tucker Carlson.
Mediaite's Aidan McLaughlin offered a brief overview of the contention between Carlson and Scott.
"Carlson, according to sources inside and outside the network who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retribution, has for years been at odds with Scott, a 26-year Fox News veteran who ascended to the top of the network in the wake of a series of sexual harassment scandals that dethroned Roger Ailes," McLaughlin wrote.
READ MORE: Watch: Tucker Carlson spins new conspiracy theory saying US gov will lace country’s water supply with antidepressants
He continued, "Her efforts to maintain control of the network's often divisive coverage have run up against Carlson's penchant for courting controversy, his proud disregard for facts, and apparently unconditional backing from Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch, the top executives at Fox News parent company Fox Corporation."
McLaughlin also highlighted remarks from insiders with knowledge of the strained relationship between Scott and Carlson.
"She's not the biggest fan of what he does," an insider said. "But he gets viewers, and that's why he has a direct relationship with Lachlan and Rupert."
Despite the reports about their relationship, Carlson has released a statement denying the claims while putting forth a united front.
READ MORE: Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard featured in Russian state television segment pushing disturbing propaganda
"I strongly support Suzanne and have for a long time, and for what it’s worth, I also like her a lot personally," he said. "I can't remember a single conflict with her in seven years. The idea that there's a 'power struggle' between us is absurd. I'm a talk show host. She's the president of the network. I work for her. It's pretty straightforward."
READ MORE: Leaked email shows Tucker Carlson's producers urging Fox staffers to promote second January 6th show
Mediaite's full report is available at this link.
- Fox News was forced to make a damning admission in a Tucker Carlson lawsuit ›
- Tucker Carlson's Fox News producer is an out gay man helping 'ramp up' hate: LGBTQ journalist ›
- 'Toxic sludge': Paul Ryan torches Tucker Carlson when questioned about Fox News' election coverage ›
- 'Too racist or not racist enough?' Internet reacts to Tucker Carlson's departure from Fox News - Alternet.org ›
- Conservatives flip out over Tucker Carlson departure: 'What’s happening to America?' - Alternet.org ›
- How Tucker Carlson could become even more dangerous after Fox News - Alternet.org ›
- Why Tucker Carlson is 'coming from a position of weakness' following Fox News split: report - Alternet.org ›
- New analysis offers prediction of Fox News' future without Tucker Carlson - Alternet.org ›
- Behind-the-scenes video shows Tucker Carlson making sexually suggestive remarks to Fox News colleague - Alternet.org ›