Watch: Tucker Carlson spins new conspiracy theory saying US gov will lace country’s water supply with antidepressants
Fox News' Tucker Carlson is attempting to spin a new conspiracy theory with a tall accusation involving the United States government.
During his latest segment of "The Tucker Carlson Show" on Tuesday, the conservative primetime host claimed the U.S. government will be lacing the country's water supply with "SSRIs – selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – in an effort to placate an increasingly dissatisfied population," Mediaite reports.
Broadcasting from Rio de Janeiro, Carlson expressed concern about the United States' low fertility rates. On multiple occasions, Carlson has leveled attacks at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) over her concerns about having children. In fact, last year, the Fox News host reportedly said claimed: "some liberals are 'offended by fertility and nature and the idea that people reproduce.'”
During Tuesday's segment, Carlson revisited the same argument but went a step further this time.
“The more atomized and unhappy American society becomes, the easier it is for them to control,” said Carlson. “Fewer marriages and babies and family-owned homes means more rootless and dissatisfied people. It means an entire nation of desperately unhappy grad students. Sandy Cortez could become the queen of a country like that.”
Carlson went on to highlight the inflated cost of having a family as he insisted that the issue is no longer just a temporary problem, but rather a new staple in American society.
“Families are for the tech tycoons in Napa, they’ve got a ton of kids,” he continued. “And for the Haitians huddled underneath the bridges at the border in south Texas, they’ve got a ton of kids too. But for you, a middle-class American, sorry. Your deepest desires are far beyond reach.”
The host concluded with a conspiratorial prediction about what the U.S. government may do next to "numb the public into accepting their childless fate," per Mediaite.
“You have to wonder, how long before Democrats sponsor legislation to distribute free cats to young people in the cities, placebos to replace the families they can no longer have,” he said. “That’s coming, along with SSRIs in the water supply, so you don’t have to think too much about it. We’re finally getting to see what their utopia feels like. Hope you feel better.”
- Watch: Tucker Carlson goes on a wild tangent during the first ... ›
- Tucker Carlson issues weird warning as he aims to protect Putin ... ›
- Fox News is now carrying the Jan. 6 hearings — and Tucker Carlson ... ›
- Watch: Tucker Carlson blames women and marijuana for the most recent mass shooting - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Tucker Carlson levels disturbing attack against VP Kamala Harris - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson’s attack on Anthony Fauci's retirement announcement backfires spectacularly - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson has a suggestion for the GOP: ‘Your job is to make fun of Lindsey Graham' - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson denies hate rhetoric is a problem while accusing Democrats of politicizing Paul Pelosi attack - Alternet.org ›
- 'A gigantic filter': Tucker Carlson twists himself in knots to explain election upset - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson pushes bizarre, racist theory about Britney Griner’s release from a Russian prison - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Tucker Carlson’s Orwellian gaslighting about the parallels between Brazil's insurrection and January 6th - Alternet.org ›
- 'A menace to international security': Tucker Carlson torched for echoing election conspiracies amid Brazil unrest - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Tucker Carlson accidentally tells the truth about Republicans in mid-gaslight Freudian slip - Alternet.org ›