'Still laughing': Stormy Daniels believes her phone records could 'hurt' Trump’s case
Stormy Daniels believes her phone records might be a smoking gun for former President Donald Trump. The adult film star's remarks came on Wednesday, March 22, after she turned over those records to her legal team.
According to The Daily Beast, Daniels is at the center of a major investigation involving the former president and his ex-attorney Michael Cohen's hush payments to her to keep the nature of their relationship from being disclosed.
As reports circulated about the investigation being conducted by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office, one Twitter user asked Daniels if she was “still laughing.”
“You seem to have stopped tweeting obsessively about Trump but I’m sure you’re having the last laugh,” they wrote.
In response, Daniels tweeted her take writing, “I’m sure I will. I’ve been handing over phone records to my attorney today (they're gonna hurt!) and planning spring break activities with my kid. It was a wonderful day.”
Daniels' remarks come amid Republican outrage over the possibility of Trump being arrested in connection with the case. Last Thursday, Trump took to his social media platform Truth Social where he urged his supporters to protest his possible arrest.
The post caused a litany of critical remarks targeting Bragg and his office. Many Republican lawmakers including House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) have argued that the investigation is politically motivated.
However, reports suggest that the evidence presented holds merit that could lead to an unfavorable outcome for Trump. The grand jury reviewing the case is expected to reconvene next week.
- Stormy Daniels met with Manhattan DA in Trump hush money probe ›
- Donald Trump attacks 'racist' Alvin Bragg and 'horseface' Stormy Daniels in social media rant ›
- Watch: Trump’s lawyer in Stormy Daniels case back in 2018 called hush money payoff 'illegal' ›
- Mystery grand jury witness in Trump hush money probe is former 'Enquirer' publisher and Trump ally - Alternet.org ›
- Trump allies have 'fired' Allen Weisselberg's lawyer for being 'too friendly' with Manhattan DA: report - Alternet.org ›
- Let's thank Stormy Daniels for her service - Alternet.org ›
- Former GOP adviser warns that Graham and other Republicans should distance from Trump - Alternet.org ›
- 'A nightmare for Secret Service': Trump is hoping for 'kind of a Jesus Christ thing' with perp walk spectacle - Alternet.org ›