Trump brazenly accuses Biden of turning over classified documents to China
Former President Donald Trump recently offered his opinion on the latest development regarding President Joe Biden's lawyers finding classified documents from his time as Vice President under the Obama administration in his private Washington, DC-based office.
On Monday, January 9, the National Archives submitted a referral to the U.S. Department of Justice regarding "a case involving alleged classified documents found from an office that came from his time as vice president," Mediaite reports.
Following the breaking news report, CNN's Evan Perez offered more insight about the investigation during a discussion with network host Jake Tapper.
"These were documents the White House says that were found by the current president’s attorneys in November as they were closing out an office that the former vice president, Biden, of course, had set up an office with the University of Pennsylvania at the Penn Biden center here in Washington," Evans told Tapper.
"They were closing out these offices when they found what they say were fewer than a dozen documents that were labeled as classified," he continued. "Now, a number of these documents were also subject to the presidential records act, and according to the White House, these were now turned over to the National Archives, which has asked the Justice Department to look into it."
As reports began circulating, Trump allies quickly seized on the story. Trump also wasted no time taking to Truth Social with his opinion.
“Biden giving China Highly Classified Documents would be a bridge too far,” Trump wrote in a social media post. “I certainly wouldn’t do that. Not a good situation for our Country to be in!”
The former president also insisted that he would never turn over “Highly Classified Documents” to China. But despite Trump's attempt to criticize the president, it is important to note that the documents from his Mar-a-Lago estate are currently under investigation. Biden is not facing any investigation for classifed documents
- How MAGA Republicans’ Hunter Biden obsession underscores a 'deep psychological need': ex-Reagan speechwriter ›
- What if Donald Trump's conspiracy was even bigger than we thought? ›
- Attorneys find classified info in private office from Biden’s time as VP: report ›
- New analysis highlights the 'big difference' between Trump and Biden’s classified documents cases - Alternet.org ›
- 'Not how the law works': Why Joe Biden's classified document snafu will not absolve Donald Trump - Alternet.org ›
- 'A cool keepsake': Trump shares new, bizarre explanation for the classified documents confiscated at Mar-a-Lago - Alternet.org ›
- FBI search of Biden’s Delaware beach house turns up no classified documents - Alternet.org ›