Donald Trump Jr.: Pete Buttigieg only became transportation secretary because 'he's the gay guy'
Donald Trump Junior lobbed a homophobic attack on United States Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg during a Wednesday evening appearance on Newsmax.
Junior's remarks came after his father, former President Donald Trump, traveled to East Palestine, Ohio to mingle with residents who were adversely affected by the February 3rd Norfolk Southern train derailment and its toxic chemical spill. Trump's publicity stunt mainly consisted of a trip to McDonald's, handing out red hats and Trump-branded bottled water, and delivering a speech disparaging President Joe Biden and his administration's response to the disaster.
Junior, meanwhile, giddily carried on with the latter in a dehumanizing attack on Buttigieg, a Rhodes Scholar who served as mayor of South Bend, Indiana for eight years prior to launching his White House bid. Buttigieg is an expert on traffic patterns whose tenure as mayor earned him experience in managing infrastructure projects and is scheduled to visit East Palestine on Thursday.
"There's not even expectation of these guys doing their jobs. You know, Pete has no business in that position. But, you know, he's the guy who had no business running for president but they let him do that cause he's gay and they check off a box and then he didn't win, so he's the gay guy, so we gotta give him something, let's make him transportation secretary," Junior said.
"What does he know about it? Nothing," Junior added. "His failure after failure after failure is truly affecting the American people."
Watch below or at this link.
\u201c"He's the gay guy, so we gotta give him something, let's make him Transportation Secretary" -- unvarnished homophobia from Donald Trump Jr on Newsmax\u201d— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1677118611
- Chasten Buttigieg says Tucker Carlson is focusing on 'hate' after latest anti-gay attack on his husband ›
- 'Literally don't understand what that means': Pete Buttigieg buries MTG's bizarre attack on electric cars ›
- Fox News places blame on Pete Buttigieg for 'stranded' Southwest customers ›
- Even Fox News admits Elaine Chao 'never' visited an accident as Buttigieg travels to East Palestine - Alternet.org ›
- Buttigieg praised as his response to Trump goes viral - Alternet.org ›
- 'The charisma of wet blanket': Twitter dunks on Donald Trump Jr.'s future political potential ›