'Betrayal to the public': Ex-Fox News reporter slams the network
An ex-Fox News reporter has slammed his former network and accused it of betraying its viewers by airing Tucker Carlson's upcoming segment on the Jan. 6 insurrection.
Speaking to CNN's Anderson Cooper, Carl Cameron weighed in on the highly controversial trailer for the "Patriot Purge" which highlights a number of baseless conspiracy theories suggesting the Capitol riots were part of a "false flag operation," according to The HuffPost.
Following the insurrection, the U.S. Department of Justice charged hundreds of individuals for their participation in the deadly riots that followed former President Donald Trump's "Stop the Steal" rally. In the aftermath, Trump was also impeached for a second time in connection with the incitement of a riot.
According to Cameron, Carlson's trailer may also lead to the same outcome: incitement of anger. "There's whole a bunch of extraordinary madness involved in this," Cameron told CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. "Tucker's trailer is meant to incite, it's meant to make people angry."
Former Fox News reporter reacts to Tucker Carlson serieswww.youtube.com
Cameron's latest remarks only add to his concerns about the misinformation being circulated by members of the far-right. While Cameron and Anderson surmised that they are unsure of how deep Carlson's segment will dive in the world of conspiracy, he did insist it is "really frightening and, frankly, it's a betrayal to the audience, it's a betrayal to the public."
"Some of what is espoused or is meant to espouse just in that trailer suggests that there is more violence to come," Cameron said. "And that's a big, big rock around the author's neck if that trailer and this upcoming thing actually does that. There are clearly huge divides in this country, the media shouldn't be putting more gas on the fire."
Carlson's "Patriot Purge" is scheduled to air on Monday, November 1.
- Tucker Carlson's 'unpatriotic' Viktor Orbán fetish makes him an ... ›
- Tucker Carlson torched for escalating white supremacist rhetoric ... ›
- Never-Trumper calls Rupert Murdoch a 'domestic threat' over Tucker ... ›
- CNN airs brutal supercut exposing Fox News's glaring hypocrisy after Christmas Tree attack - Alternet.org ›
- Tucker Carlson's effort to divert blame for Jan. 6 away from Trump supporters backfires spectacularly - Alternet.org ›
- Long-time GOP operative Karl Rove comes out swinging against Republican defenders of Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›