'Culture war BS': Rand Paul's gun wall tweet backfires when Twitter flips the script on him
While he attempted to throw a subliminal jab at President Joe Biden, Twitter users began throwing not-so-subliminal jabs at him. On Thursday, September 9, the Republican lawmaker took to Twitter with the photo of himself and a caption that read: "Just looking at all the guns @joebiden is going to try to ban…"
It didn't take long for opposing Twitter users to fire back. One in particular was Parkland, Fla., mass shooting survivor David Hogg.
Hitting back at Paul, he tweeted, "God forbid someone like the 19 year old who shot 34 of my classmates and administrators killing 17 not be able to get an AR-15."
God forbid someone like the 19 year old who shot 34 of my classmates and administrators killing 17 not be able to get an AR-15.— David Hogg (@David Hogg) 1631196145
Other users also joined in:
Your underwear is riding up your butt.https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1435703197759324162\u00a0\u2026— Michael Ian Black (@Michael Ian Black) 1631152829
Man, @RandPaul is such a tool.https://twitter.com/randpaul/status/1435703197759324162\u00a0\u2026— ken olin (@ken olin) 1631232885
Do these idiots ever get tired of lying about culture war bullshit? Moderate gun regulations that will still leave hundreds of millions of guns in America is hardly a "ban" and of course Rand Paul knows that.https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1435703197759324162\u00a0\u2026— Secular Talk\ud83c\udf99 (@Secular Talk\ud83c\udf99) 1631133439
For years now, Republicans have expressed concern about Democrats taking guns away but the truth is, it has typically been the other way around with Republican administration's being responsible for stipulations on firearms. In fact, former President Donald Trump's administration imposed the ban on bump stocks back in 2018.
At the time, the Republican-led administration released information about the newly-implemented regulation.
"With limited exceptions, the Gun Control Act, as amended, makes it unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machine-gun unless it was lawfully possessed prior to the effective date of the statute," the new regulation states. "The bump-stock-type devices covered by this final rule were not in existence prior to the effective date of the statute, and therefore will be prohibited when this rule becomes effective."
- Watch: Rand Paul tells vaccinated Americans to 'mind your own ... ›
- A 'repeated target of violence': Rand Paul is blaming Richard Marx ... ›
- Rand Paul unleashes racist attack on Democrat Charles Booker ... ›
- 'An absolute frenzy': Columnist explains how the GOP is using a Virginia race to road-test ‘fake outrage’ - Alternet.org ›
- How Democrats can win the culture wars - Alternet.org ›
- Rand Paul ripped for hypocrisy on natural disaster aid after requesting federal funds for Kentucky - Alternet.org ›
- Rand Paul slammed after accusing Democrats of using legal processes to 'steal' elections - Alternet.org ›
- Why the sociopaths are winning and the obvious thing we’re not doing about it - Alternet.org ›