Lindsey Graham lambasted for ‘bad faith’ threat of possible Biden impeachment
During an appearance on Fox News this week, Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina railed against President Joe Biden over the crisis in Afghanistan — where the Taliban, following the withdrawal of U.S. troops, has seized control for the first time since 2001. Graham floated the idea of possibly impeaching Biden over Afghanistan, and on Twitter, he is being inundated with negative comments for his "bad faith" argument.
Graham went from being a vehement Donald Trump critic during the 2016 presidential election to being a leading Trump sycophant during Trump's four years in the White House. The South Carolina Republican defended Trump vigorously most of the time, although he occasionally criticized him on foreign policy — for example, Graham was critical of Trump's defense of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman following the October 2018 murder of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi. And in April, after Trump left office, Graham stressed that he disagreed with both Trump and Biden when it came to withdrawing U.S. troops from Afghanistan.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) says if we leave one American or Afghan that helped us behind, "then Joe Biden in my view has committed a high crime and misdemeanor under the Constitution and should be impeached.\u201dpic.twitter.com/ugrntsI0On— The Recount (@The Recount) 1629465082
(Sry, didn't have the characters to put "Today in Obviously Bad Faith Media Appearances:" ahead of Graham's statement.)— The Recount (@The Recount) 1629466090
Graham defended Trump passionately during both of his impeachment trials. But this week, he told Fox News, "If we leave one American behind, if we don't get all those Afghans who stepped up to the plate to help us out, then Joe Biden, in my view, has committed a high crime and misdemeanor under the Constitution and should be impeached."
After The Recount tweeted that Fox News appearance, it didn't take long for Graham's critics to slam his cheap political theatrics.
Colleen Martin, who has served as administrative director for the Dallas County Democratic Party, tweeted:
Your thoughts on Trump arranging a peace treaty with the taliban?— Colleen Martin (@Colleen Martin) 1629466061
Here are some other responses to Graham's comments on Fox News:
I don't remember the senator applying that high standard when Trump pulled out of Syria and abandoned our Kurdish allies?— Carlos Rosado (@Carlos Rosado) 1629466392
Thats rich coming from @LindseyGrahamSC. Remember that little insurrection, Linds?— Bernadette R. Smith (@Bernadette R. Smith) 1629465401
Speaking for all America, we have heard enough from Lindsey Graham.https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/10/graham-prank-call-kurds-turkey-trump-zarrab.html\u00a0\u2026— Rick Kronbyrd (@Rick Kronbyrd) 1629465793
Pretty sure I\u2019m not going to rely on @LindseyGrahamSC to tell me what \u201chigh crimes and misdemeanors\u201d are.— Carol Stone (@Carol Stone) 1629465567
It is a high crime that South Carolina sent @LindseyGrahamSC back to the Senate. #turnSCblue— IndyBlue (@IndyBlue) 1629465450
What about the insurrection incited by trump on our Capitol building @LindseyGrahamSC?— KamalaUnleashed2020 (@KamalaUnleashed2020) 1629465279
Seriously? This from the man who not only went along with, but by his actions and words has condoned the attack on Democracy on Jan. 6th?— Lou Williams (@Lou Williams) 1629475675
- Fox News legal analyst: Democrats should 'reopen the ... ›
- 'Absolutely bizarre': Lindsey Graham torched for declaring he will 'go ... ›
- New clip of young Lindsey Graham talking about impeachment ... ›
- Trump scrubs his website of statement bragging about Afghanistan ... ›
- 'He didn't absorb a ton': Trump gets brutally mocked over his 'insane ... ›
- Biden's botched Afghanistan withdrawal has many critics — but most ... ›
- Lindsey Graham: 'Whose decision was it to pull all of the troops out... I just don’t know' - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham is ‘heartbroken’ Biden ended 20-year Afghanistan war: ‘The Taliban have won the Super Bowl’ - Alternet.org ›
- Trump is rapidly moving toward a confession about his high crimes against America - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham: Burr impeachment vote boosts Lara Trump Senate ... ›
- Graham on Acquittal in Senate Impeachment Trial ! - Press Releases ›
- Oh so now Lindsey Graham wants to impeach a president ... ›
- 6 Political Takeaways For President Biden From The Chaotic ... ›
- Democrats ramp up oversight over Biden's Afghan withdrawal - CNN ›
- Biden Stands Behind Afghan Withdrawal in Speech - The New York ... ›