'You crack me up': Marjorie Taylor Greene bursts out laughing when asked about Covid deaths
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia recently downplayed the severity of COVID-19's impact on Georgia residents who are young and aren't obese. But Atlanta Journal Constitution reporter Tia Mitchell, this week, reminded the far-right Republican congresswoman that not everyone who is getting really sick with COVID-19 is older or overweight.
In Northwest Georgia, a five-year-old child named Wyatt Gary Gibson became infected with COVID-19 before dying in a Chattanooga, Tennessee hospital on July 16, though these kinds of cases are rare. Miller asked Greene if she feels "any responsibility" for spreading false information about COVID-19, noting that "there are children" and "skinny people" who "have died of the coronavirus." And Greene, dismissive of the question, started laughing and told Mitchell, "Gee, you crack me up. You know what, I think people's responsibility is their own."
I was the reporter who asked this question after listening to Rep. Greene downplay the impact of COVID-19 on young people & those who aren't obese. I asked if she feels any responsibility to people in Georgia to protect them. She said the responsibility is their own.https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1417597370129215489\u00a0\u2026— Tia "Very Calm Sis" Mitchell (@Tia "Very Calm Sis" Mitchell) 1626818538
Here are some Twitter responses to the interview:
Her reaction is simply horrifying. Thanks for always asking the tough questions Tia.— Robyn Sieron (@Robyn Sieron) 1626863269
The people who voted for this _____ got what they deserve. My condolences to the people who got stuck Taylor-Greene because their candidate got fewer votes. I hope those who threw a vote away on her will do better next time.— Sharan Louise Harper (@Sharan Louise Harper) 1626822436
- 'WTF is wrong with you?': Top Trump fundraiser blasts Marjorie ... ›
- The real reason McConnell and McCarthy rebuked Marjorie Taylor ... ›
- 'Get the hell out of our great country': Marjorie Taylor Greene claims ... ›
- 'You can’t fix stupid': Former GOP lawmaker flattens Marjorie Taylor Greene over her latest mceltdown - Alternet.org ›
- Former GOP lawmaker lays out plan to boot Boebert and Taylor Greene from Congress - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene cries she’s the ‘most attacked’ – right after labeling all Democrats ‘communists’ - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Supercut dismantles Marjorie Taylor Greene's ludicrous claim suggesting she's 'against hate' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene rails against COVID vaccines — but owns stock in ‘3 different vaccine makers’: report - Alternet.org ›