Kevin McCarthy throws a fit after Nancy Pelosi blocks two of his picks for the Jan. 6 committee
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) isn't pleased with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) decision to reject his selection of Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.), for the Jan. 6 commission.
On Wednesday, July 21, McCarthy released a statement criticizing Pelosi's decision as he announced his counteraction. According to McCarthy, no House Republican lawmakers will be part of the commission unless she considers reversing court for the five nominees he selected.
"Unless Speaker Pelosi reverses course and seats all five Republican nominees, Republicans will not be part to their sham process and will instead pursue our own investigation of the facts," McCarthy said in a statement.
McCarthy’s statement: “Unless Speaker Pelosi reverses course and seats all five Republican nominees, Republicans wi… https://t.co/c0tKNEUaRz— Jacqueline Alemany (@Jacqueline Alemany) 1626887724.0
McCarthy's decision comes shortly after Pelosi pushed back against his nominations which included: Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Jim Banks (R-Ind.), Rodney Davis (R-Ill.), Kelly Armstrong (R-N.D.), and Troy Nehls (R-Texas). Out of the five Republican lawmakers McCarthy selected, three of them voted against the Electoral College results despite having no evidence of voter fraud.
While Pelosi rejected Banks and Jordan, she said McCarthy could pick other members to fill their spots on the committee.
Despite McCarthy's claim that the 1/6 commission is a "sham," a CNN assessment reports that the top-ranking House Republican lawmaker's nominees are a clear indication of his motives: "He has zero interest in getting to the bottom of what really happened (and why) when the US Capitol was stormed by rioters convinced by former President Donald Trump that the 2020 election had been stolen from him."
- Here's the real reason Kevin McCarthy wants to block the Jan. 6 ... ›
- GOP leader Kevin McCarthy abruptly backtracks from his claim that ... ›
- Conservative has strong reservations about Kevin McCarthy's Jan. 6 ... ›
- How keeping ‘saboteurs’ like Jim Jordan off Pelosi’s Jan. 6 committee will ensure its ‘integrity’ - Alternet.org ›
- The media falls for Kevin McCarthy's Jan. 6 stunt - Alternet.org ›
- Kevin McCarthy jokes about hitting Nancy Pelosi at Republican dinner - Alternet.org ›
- Republican members investigating Jan. 6 zero in on two GOP subpoena targets - Alternet.org ›
- Capitol riot defendant charged with carrying a gun allegedly suggested he was targeting Nancy Pelosi: report - Alternet.org ›