Trump wages war on GOP with new legal notice demanding they no longer use his name
Former President Donald Trump's time in the White House ended month but he is making it clear that he is not done with the Republican Party.
On Friday, March 5, an advisor for the former president has revealed the legal team for Trump hit the political party's three largest entities—Republican National Committee (RNC), National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), and National Republican Senate Committee (NRSC)—with a cease and desist letter.
According to Politico, the advisor revealed Trump is demanding that the political organizations refrain from using Trump's name and likeness in their advertisements going forward.
The letter came just hours after the RNC sent out two campaign emails on Friday. The party urged members of the Republican Party to donate "as a way to add their name to a 'thank you' card for Trump."
"President Trump will ALWAYS stand up for the American People, and I just thought of the perfect way for you to show that you support him!" the email states. "As one of President Trump's MOST LOYAL supporters, I think that YOU, deserve the great honor of adding your name to the Official Trump 'Thank You' Card."
Hours after the first email, a second email was sent to "President Trump's TOP supporters" warning that there was a 10-hour for them "to get their names on the card," the publication reports.
The legal letter was reportedly the result of Trump being furious about the political party's use of his name. The former president was not pleased with "his name has been bandied about by organizations that help Republicans who voted to impeach him — without his permission."
Although he did not appear to have a problem with his name being used prior to vacating the White House, the publication confirmed that "Trump, who made his fortune in licensing, has always been sensitive to how his name has been used to fundraise and support members, even while in office."
As of Saturday, March 6, none of the political organizations have responded to Politico's request for comment.
- Fascism expert details the alarming similarities between Trump ... ›
- Former RNC head reveals why Fox News is suddenly taking the ... ›
- Republican National Committee obscured how much it pays its chief ... ›
- 'It has the potential to be devastating': GOP puts up a spineless defense to Trump's threatening blow - Alternet.org ›
- GOP memo urges 'rebrand' as 'the working class party' — by embracing 'Donald Trump’s gift' - Alternet.org ›
- 'He said, go purge': South Carolina Tea Party leader explains why they listened to Trump — and waged war on the GOP - Alternet.org ›
- 'A literal participation trophy': Trump and GOP mocked for making up 'Champion for Freedom' Award - Alternet.org ›
- Devastating supercut shows Republicans crawling back to Trump after blasting him for inciting MAGA mob - Alternet.org ›
- Trump led a fascist purge of the Republican Party — now his base is finishing what he started - Alternet.org ›