Lindsey Graham: 'I don’t see how Kamala Harris doesn’t get impeached'
During an appearance on Fox News Sunday, Graham told host Chris Wallace that former President Donald Trump is ready to "move on" and rebuild the Republican Party after his impeachment trial.
"I thought the impeachment trial was not only unconstitutional, I condemn what happened on Jan. 6, but the process they used to impeach this president was an affront to rule of law," Graham opined. "We've opened Pandora's Box to future presidents."
"And if you use this model, I don't know how Kamala Harris doesn't get impeached if the Republicans take over the House," he added. "Because she actually bailed out rioters and one of the rioters went back to the streets and broke somebody's head open. So we've opened Pandora's Box here and I'm sad for the country?"
"Does Donald Trump bear any responsibility for the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6th?" Wallace asked.
"Uh, no," Graham replied. "In terms of the law, no. He bears responsibility of pushing narratives about the election that I think are not sound and not true. But this was politically protected speech. The speech on Jan. 6th was not an incitement of violence."
Before ending the interview Graham insisted that Trump and his daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, are the "future" of the Republican Party.
Watch the video below from Fox News.
- Lindsey Graham, who begged for cash on Fox News, tells Sean ... ›
- 'They hate my guts': Lindsey Graham is freaking out and sounding ... ›
- Lindsay Graham again consults with Trump's attorneys -- in the ... ›
- Kamala Harris has a big role in Biden's administration — and a new report may explain why - Alternet.org ›
- 'You don't really believe that do you?' Watch Axios reporter's bizarre interview with Lindsey Graham - Alternet.org ›
- Kamala Harris expresses 'solidarity' with Asian-American community following horrific Atlanta spa shootings - Alternet.org ›
- 'Another 9/11': Lindsey Graham launches an attack on Biden — and Twitter returns the favor - Alternet.org ›