Historian declares Trump definitively 'disgraced' as the House delivers impeachment article
Michael Beschloss has sealed Donald Trump's fate for the rest of time, passing judgment on him as House Democrats presented the Article of Impeachment against the former president to the U.S. Senate.
"A President of the United States, indicted by the House of Representatives for incitement of insurrection. This is the definition of 'disgraced,'" Beschloss said on Twitter.
Beschloss is NBC News's Presidential Historian.
He also posted this tweet earlier this evening:
Here's the reading of the Article of Impeachment for incitement of insurrection.
- Two conservatives explain what will motivate 'spineless' GOP ... ›
- A political scientist explains how Democrats can use Trump's ... ›
- Chances of Trump Impeachment at High Point - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s impeachment is unlikely to result in a conviction. But it may increase his chances of being criminally prosecuted - Alternet.org ›
- Conservative attorney tears apart bogus GOP arguments against Trump’s impeachment trial - Alternet.org ›
- 'I can't think of a worse defense': CNN host shocked at Trump's reported impeachment strategy - Alternet.org ›
- Trump is forcing the GOP into a humiliating bind as a parting gift - Alternet.org ›
- Why the GOP threat over calling witnesses reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of Trump's impeachment - Alternet.org ›
- Dems to show never-before-seen security footage proving 'just how close Trump’s mob came to senators': report - Alternet.org ›
- Historian says politics aside, Trump was an ineffective manager and leader - Alternet.org ›