GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert mocks a mass shooting survivor for not being 'tough'
Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Greene, who has previously expressed support for QAnon, mocked Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg on Thursday evening on Twitter.
Hogg, who became a prominent activist after the attack on his high school killed 17 people, had responded to news that fencing around the U.S. Capitol will become permanent following the Jan. 6 insurrection.
They can put up all the fencing around the capitol the real threats of @mtgreenee and @laurenboebert will still be inside until @GOPLeader takes a stand.
— David Hogg (He / Him) (@davidhogg111) January 28, 2021
Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has also promoted QAnon, had recently come under renewed criticism when reporters dug up her disturbing past social media posts indicating her support for executing officials such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. A video also re-emerged from before her time in office when she confronted Hogg in Washington, D.C., over his support for gun control. As she called after him on the street, she told him she was permitted to carry a concealed firearm.
Boebert, who was tagged in Hogg's tweet, mocked him in an apparent reference to the video, for supposedly not being "tough":
David, please. We all saw how tough you were when questioned face to face.
Give your keyboard a rest, child. https://t.co/DDnpmkyfIS
— Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) January 28, 2021
- 'I will carry my glock to Congress': GOP congresswoman ignites ... ›
- QAnon congresswoman faces calls for arrest after live-tweeting ... ›
- GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert's massive mileage reimbursements to herself raise campaign finance 'red flags' - Alternet.org ›
- Lauren Boebert finally holds her town hall — and the questions are absolutely brutal - Alternet.org ›
- QAnon congresswoman mocked for appearing to not know about amendments to the Constitution - Alternet.org ›