Scotland may look at 'serious and long-standing concerns about Trump's business activities'
What I know about money laundering is drawn almost entirely from Ozark and Office Space, so I won't try to add too much to this. But here's a little more detail from the Scotsman story McLaughlin linked to:
An UWO is a relatively new - and rarely used - power which has been designed to target suspected corrupt foreign officials who have potentially laundered stolen money through the UK.
The mechanism, introduced in 2018, is an attempt to force the owners of assets to disclose their wealth. If a suspected corrupt foreign official, or their family, cannot show a legitimate source for their riches, then authorities can apply to a court to seize the property.
Mr Trump and the Trump Organisation have always stressed that they did not require any outside financing for their Scottish resorts.
The 2024 election begins now, and our first order of business should be ensuring Trump can't vie for another term. A mob boss can run his crime organization from jail, and Donald Trump managed to "run" the country from his toilet — but prison is another story.
And, man oh man, if Scotland seized his golf courses, I might have to start believing in God again.
One can dream, right?
This guy is a natural. Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry." — Bette Midler on Aldous J. Pennyfarthing, via Twitter. The first history of the Trump error is complete! Goodbye, Asshat: 101 Farewell Letters to Donald Trump is hot off the presses! Along with Dear F*cking Lunatic: 101 Obscenely Rude Letters to Donald Trump, Dear Pr*sident A**clown: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump and Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Letters to Donald Trump, you'll see the Trump years from a hilarious new perspective. Click those links, yo!
- 'Reverse-emoluments case': Scotland beats 'three time loser' Trump ... ›
- Taxpayers are on the hook for Eric Trump's outing to president's ... ›
- Trump filed 'fraudulent' financial information about overseas golf ... ›
- Watch Donald Trump Bully Staff, Offer Cash Bribes and Brag About ... ›
- How a Trump Golf Course Poisoned a 92-Year-Old Woman's Water ... ›
- Is Trump planning to flee to Scotland? Not if the country's first minister has a say - Alternet.org ›
- Scottish green party demands 'urgent investigation' to keep Trump's 'toxic brand out' of Scotland - Alternet.org ›