Extremist hate group ‘Proud Boys’ merchandise with Trump order to ‘stand by’ — already on Amazon
President Donald Trump fueled the far right extremist, neo-fascist, misogynistic, transphobic, Islamophobic, white nationalist, violence-promoting hate group "Proud Boys" during Tuesday night's debate when he refused to condemn white supremacism.
Trump gave the group a direct order: "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by," and they are thrilled – and taking him at his word.
Experts say Trump's remarks effectively made him their leader, an "honor" the Proud Boys are only too happy to have.
Immediately the group took Trump's words and incorporated them into their logo.
Now that logo, the logo of a dangerous hate group – including Trump's directive – is appearing on merchandise at Amazon.
Proud Boy merch featuring the "Stand Back - Stand By" verbiage is now available on @amazon ....naturally. https://t.co/2p1seB8cTG— Konstantin Toropin (@Konstantin Toropin)1601483319.0
CONFIRMED: The original shirt is now down, but two more are still for sale: https://t.co/k2jj7MpJxp— Sleeping Giants (@Sleeping Giants)1601483549.0
Amazon is selling t-shirts, tank tops and long sleeves with “Stand Back, Stand By” with the Proud Boy’s logo (free… https://t.co/iH0j7iSs8z— Adam L. Penenberg (@Adam L. Penenberg)1601481662.0
President Trump has helped normalize extremism.
His former counterterrorism chief at DHS condemned him for refusing to denounce white supremacism last night.
- IT manager at NC State fingered in lawsuit as a Proud Boy who doxed thousands of left-wing activists - Alternet.org ›
- ‘We will exterminate you’: Proud Boys and other right-wing Trump diehards confront counter-protesters at Raleigh rally - Alternet.org ›
- No longer ‘standing by,’ Proud Boys bring politics of intimidation to streets in defense of Trump - Alternet.org ›
- DC Cops meet Proud Boys' violent rampage with polite request to 'please stop' - Alternet.org ›
- Proud Boys wreak havoc on DC as Mike Flynn, Sebastian Gorka and others rally Donald Trump loyalists - Alternet.org ›
- Forget 'The Stand' – 'Alice in Borderland' is the wild dystopian ride we've been waiting for - Alternet.org ›