Trump releases attack on Jack Smith’s wife just hours before arraignment
Former President Donald Trump's campaign issued a statement attacking special counsel Jack Smith and his wife just hours before being arraigned in Washington, D.C.
The statement went on to smear Smith for "a dirty, politically-motivated investigation." It offered news articles intended to undermine the special prosecutor.
One section of the statement was titled, "Jack Smith's Wife, Katy Chevigny, Is A Biden Donor. She Produced A Documentary About Michelle Obama, And She Worked On An Anti-Citizens United Film Titled, 'Dark Money.'"
The statement included three paragraphs disparaging Chevigny for her work on documentaries.
"Jack Smith’s wife is a Biden donor and produced [a] fawning Michelle Obama documentary," Trump campaign spokesperson Liz Harrington said, underscoring the attack.
Read portions of the statement below.
- Jack Smith urges Aileen Cannon not to further delay Trump’s trial: report ›
- Jack Smith must get inside Trump’s head to prove his guilt: report ›
- Jack Smith is prosecuting the 'most dangerous threat' America’s 'transfer of power' faced: ex-prosecutor ›
- 'Unlawful benefit': Why Jack Smith has 'evidence' Trump 'acted corruptly' - Alternet.org ›
- How 'skilled fighter' Jack Smith paid close 'attention to Trump’s qualities and weaknesses': legal expert - Alternet.org ›
- 'This man cannot shut up': Ex-judge says Trump is headed towards a gag order - Alternet.org ›
- How MAGA Republicans’ rhetoric could lead to violence - Alternet.org ›