Ron DeSantis vows to 'destroy leftism' and 'woke ideology' if elected president
Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis vowed during a Monday interview with Fox & Friends to "destroy leftism" if he defeats President Joe Biden in next year's presidential election. DeSantis launched his White House campaign last week and is widely viewed as former President Donald Trump's top competitor for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.
"Most of the people that support you probably voted for President Trump twice. And the first comment I hear over and over again is, "Why doesn't Ron DeSantis wait for President Trump's second term and then run?' And what is your best answer to that? Why is right now the time for Ron DeSantis to run for president?" host Will Cain asked.
"Because" DeSantis boasted, "everyone knows if I'm the nominee, I will beat Biden, uh, and I will serve two terms and I will be able to, uh, destroy leftism in this country and leave woke ideology on the dustbin of history."
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cGov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), asked why he doesn't wait until after "Trump's second term": \n\n"Bc everyone knows\u00a0if I'm the nominee, I will beat\u00a0Biden and I will serve two terms.\u00a0I will be able to destroy\u00a0leftism in this country and\u00a0leave woke ideology on the dust\u00a0bin of history."\u201d— The Recount (@The Recount) 1685370109
- New election projection shows DeSantis beating Trump for 2024 GOP presidential nomination ›
- 'In the junkyard': Kimberly Guilfoyle predicts DeSantis will get 'damaged badly' in 2024 race ›
- 'You ain’t ready': Former RNC chair offers mocking warning to DeSantis ahead of 2024 presidential battle ›
- 'Wasn’t by drag queens': DeSantis slammed for ignoring Florida mass shooting that included children - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-GOP strategist lays out the fatal flaws in DeSantis and Tim Scott’s campaign launches - Alternet.org ›
- DeSantis hopes this GOP evangelical leader can give him a 'come-from-behind victory' in Iowa: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'We rip all the woke out': DeSantis vows to remake US military as vets quit his new Florida State Guard - Alternet.org ›
- 'Public needs to know': $9 million Casey DeSantis raised for Hurricane Ian relief remains unspent - Alternet.org ›
- Political strategists hammer 'terrible advice' in leaked DeSantis debate strategy - Alternet.org ›
- 'Stupid strategies': The GOP presidential debate could doom DeSantis’ failing campaign - Alternet.org ›
- DeSantis is making Floridians’ lives 'worse in order to make a point': report - Alternet.org ›
- Rats jumping off the ship: Why GOP megadonors are abandoning Ron DeSantis in droves - Alternet.org ›
- 'He's already toast': DeSantis has 'shrunk so low' that Trump no longer considers him worth attacking - Alternet.org ›