'He's already toast': DeSantis has 'shrunk so low' that Trump no longer considers him worth attacking
Ron DeSantis' diehard admirers keep hoping that the far-right two-term Florida governor will turn his presidential campaign around, but polls released around mid-September offer little hope. DeSantis trails GOP presidential frontrunner Donald Trump by 47 percent (Fox News and Harvard University) or 50 percent (Quinnipiac).
In an article published on September 19, the Daily Beast's Jake Lahut stresses that Trump's campaign is easing up in its attacks on DeSantis because they no longer consider him a threat.
A Trump adviser, interviewed on condition of anonymity, told the Beast, "He still comes up in conversation, but the fire is gone because he's already toast. It was fun nuking him, though….. It doesn't take Einstein to see that DeSantis has shrunk so low in the polls, that at this point, he poses as much of a threat of winning the GOP nomination as Asa Hutchinson does."
Another Trump adviser, also quoted anonymously, told the Beast that Trump is now focused on attacking President Joe Biden — not DeSantis.
That adviser argued, "There's obviously a purposeful pivot to the general happening in Trumpworld, which is why you see an increased focus on Biden."
Read the Daily Beast's full report at this link (subscription required).
- 'Like a starving animal': How Ron DeSantis’ poor 'social skills' could give Trump the advantage ›
- Trump’s 2020 election claims 'did not prove to be true': Ron DeSantis ›
- Ron DeSantis vows to 'destroy leftism' and 'woke ideology' if elected president ›
- 'Ron DeSantis’ Slave Trade Trade School': Brutal ad bludgeons Florida’s new Black history curriculum ›
- Ron DeSantis’ 'hostile takeover' could cost a Florida college $29 million in donations: report ›
- DeSantis’ flailing campaign is making him 'lose clout — in Florida': report - Alternet.org ›