Donald Trump to accept Proud Boys subpoena for Jan. 6 trial: Report
Former President Donald Trump will reportedly accept a subpoena related to the Jan. 6 trial of members of the Proud Boys group.
Four group members, including leader Enrique Tarrio, said they would subpoena Trump as part of their defense. They are accused of trying to overturn the 2020 election with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
"Donald Trump called on patriots to stop the steal. We're calling on Donald Trump to take the stand," Norm Pattis, an attorney for Proud Boy Joseph Biggs, said last week.
Politico correspondent Kyle Cheney reported Tuesday that the Trump team had decided to accept Biggs' subpoena.
"Norm Pattis, lawyer for Proud Boy Joe Biggs, says he expects the government to announce today that Donald TRUMP's attorney Evan Corcoran has agreed to accept service of the defense's subpoena," Cheney wrote.
It was not immediately clear how Trump would participate in the Proud Boys' defense.
\u201cJUST IN: Norm Pattis, lawyer for Proud Boy Joe Biggs, says he expects the government to announce today that Donald TRUMP\u2019s attorney Evan Corcoran has agreed to accept service of the defense\u2019s subpoena.\u201d— Kyle Cheney (@Kyle Cheney) 1676995090
- Proud Boys founder declares 'massive civil war' as members accuse each other of pedophilia ›
- Proud Boys members 'intend to subpoena' Donald Trump at their seditious conspiracy trial ›
- Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio suggests he may be 'running for office' ›
- 'Threat to the nation': Trump echoes Jan. 6 with calls for protests to stop potential arrest - Alternet.org ›