Lawrence O’Donnell torches Jim Jordan for 'joke of a letter' to Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg
MSNBC News' Lawrence O’Donnell did not mince words when he shared his reaction to a letter co-written by Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) pushing back against the impending indictment of former President Donald Trump.
In a letter addressed to Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, Jordan, the Republican House Judiciary chairman, House Oversight Chairman Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) and Administrative Committee Chairman Rep. Bryan Steil (R-Wisc.) criticized the investigation into the former president and insisted it was politically motivated.
“You are reportedly about to engage in an unprecedented abuse of prosecutorial authority: the indictment of a former President of the United States and current declared candidate for that office,” the letter read.
During his recent MSNBC news segment, he dissected the "joke of a letter" sent to Bragg.
“If Nancy Pelosi had gotten this letter … this is what she would do with it,” O’Donnell said during the broadcast.
“That would get the Pelosi rip faster than any paper she has handled since the Trump State of the Union address,” he added.
O'Donnell also offered a word of advice: “Please do not worry about a single word in this joke of a letter, authored by the chief Republican buffoon on the House Judiciary Committee, Jim Jordan, and cosigned by two other equally buffoonish chairman," O'Donnell said.
Watch the video below or at this link.
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell Burst Out Laughing at How Trump's Lawyers Treat Him Like a Toddler ›
- Lawrence O’Donnell slams Clarence Thomas for acting like a ‘politician’ rather than a Supreme Court justice ›
- Politico report reveals why Lawrence O'Donnell is now a 'valuable star' under Biden ›
- 'Like Al Capone complaining about organized crime': Jim Jordan slammed for demanding Manhattan DA testify - Alternet.org ›
- Alvin Bragg smacks down Jim Jordan: No 'legitimate basis for congressional inquiry' - Alternet.org ›