'Incredible reach': Donald Trump gloats about 'off the charts' ratings from East Palestine visit
Former President Donald Trump on Thursday shared a "viewership report" on his Truth Social app to gloat about the media ratings of his Wednesday publicity stunt in East Palestine, Ohio, where a February 3rd Northfolk Southern freight train derailment poisoned the surrounding environment with toxic substances.
As Mediaite noted, "Trump's live remarks from East Palestine, Ohio were ignored by the three major cable news networks on Wednesday: CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News," while "Newsmax and OAN, both to the right of Fox News, carried the remarks live and offered analysis following the event. The report Trump shared noted that 'outlets like Fox News are woefully derelict' in their limited reporting on the trip."
President Trump’s 2/22 visit to East Palestine, OH
TOTAL PEOPLE THAT SAW COVERAGE (SOCIAL+ TRADITIONAL): 178,052,414
TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA USERS THAT SAW COVERAGE: 144,037,338
TOTAL TRADITIONAL VIEWERS THAT SAW
This report searched for the term 'East Palestine' + 'Trump' what you will see is while traditional outlets like Fox News are woefully derelict in their reporting with what you did, the word is still getting out there in a big way. Specifically, when the announcement was made last week there was a bump of coverage reaching about 2 million on social channels and 10 million on other channels.
However, your numbers this Wednesday were off the charts with incredible reach, 144MM on social and 34MM in other channels. The visit meant a lot for the people of East Palestine and the surrounding communities. The trip gave them hope and raised the awareness needed to combat the incompetence of the Biden Administration. As you will see a sharp spike in the positive sentiments as well.
READ MORE: 'We're not afraid to own our policies': Pete Buttigieg hits back at Donald Trump in Ohio train crash blame game
- Republicans don't care about human health regardless of who is to blame for the Ohio train disaster ›
- 'This is why God made pipelines': GOP senator gives nonsensical explanation of Ohio train derailment ›
- 'He should be apologizing': Donald Trump hammered over rail deregulations during East Palestine visit ›
- East Palestine woman rolls eyes at Trump visit as other locals trash political 'publicity stunts' - Alternet.org ›
- Trump will 'sell out everybody' for a better deal — even Jared and Ivanka: ex-prosecutor - Alternet.org ›
- 'Jurassic Parked' our way into 'a public health crisis': Will US ban vinyl chloride after East Palestine? - Alternet.org ›
- Chemical experts sound the alarm about toxicity levels in East Palestine: report - Alternet.org ›