'How long does he have?' Fox News host wonders if Kevin McCarthy's deal-cutting could be his undoing
Fox News host Maria Bartiromo wondered "how long" Rep. Kevin McCarthy will be Speaker of the House after agreeing to allow any single member to bring a motion to vacate the chair.
"One of the most stunning changes in the rules that you all will adopt this week is the motion to vacate," Bartiromo told Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL) on Sunday. "One member to call a vote to motion to vacate Kevin McCarthy. So, how long does he have? Is there still a chance that you'd like to be Speaker?"
"Uh, no," Donalds replied. "If the people's House is truly to be the people's House, every member of Congress should have the ability to represent their district. So, I don't think it's a big problem. There has to be accountability in our system of government, especially in our House of Representatives."
Watch the video below from Fox News.
'How long does he have?' Maria Bartiromo on Kevin McCarthy's speakershipyoutu.be
- 'They’re like children': Dan Crenshaw slams attention-seeking GOPers amid McCarthy’s bid for speaker ›
- Watch: MSNBC panel roasts 'punk' Kevin McCarthy after Matt Gaetz tweets humiliating photo of him ›
- Kevin McCarthy's humiliation is a case study of entitled comeuppance ›
- Paul Krugman: House Republicans’ economics are as 'divorced from reality' as their election lies - Alternet.org ›
- Newspaper slams House Republicans for voting to help 'wealthy individuals' avoid paying 'the taxes they owe' - Alternet.org ›