Fox’s Peter Doocy asks Biden about future presidents pardoning Trump — here’s his response
Fox's White House correspondent Peter Doocy is known for causing a multitude of responses from President Joe Biden with questions.
In Jan. 2023, the two clashed after classified documents were found in Biden's garage. Doocy implied that his case was the same as Donald Trump, however, Biden ensured documents were immediately returned to the National Archives or other government agencies. Trump refused to turn his over until a subpoena was enforced by a search warrant.
In another incident, Biden was caught on a hot microphone trashing Doocy for "stupid" questions.
On Monday, Doocy probed Biden about his thoughts over presidents pardoning former President Trump.
All Biden could do is laugh, give a slight wave and walk away. That is because Trump hasn't been indicted or charged with anything, much less convicted.
At the same time, Trump maintains his innocence over the document scandal and the 2020 election scandals. A presidential pardon would require Trump to admit his guilt. It's a problem that disgraced former Sheriff Joe Arpaio faced when he got his pardon from Trump. Arpaio went to court to fight the demand to admit his guilt. The court refused to erase the conviction as well.
Biden likely is looking to win 2024, so he isn't going to acknowledge that any other candidate could take over the White House in 2025.
- 'You get the problem': Biden spars with reporter over what McCarthy’s debt ceiling bill 'doesn’t say' ›
- Why Biden should 'think carefully' before 'snatching' Republicans’ debt ceiling 'grenade': columnist ›
- 'Cruel and shortsighted': Progressives blast Biden-McCarthy debt ceiling deal ›
- No president in US history 'abused the pardon power' more 'brazenly' than Trump: author - Alternet.org ›
- Karine Jean-Pierre dunks on Peter Doocy for suggesting Biden wants to 'limit' beer - Alternet.org ›