'He’s wrong': Fox News struggles to embrace Vivek Ramaswamy’s policy plans
While biotech entrepreneur and 2024 Republican candidate Vivek Ramaswamy successfully captured the attention of right-wing voters during Fox News's August 23 GOP debate, the network's hosts have yet to warm up to the presidential hopeful, Vanity Fair reports.
"You said aid to Israel, our number one ally—[the] only democracy in the region—should end in 2028, and that they should be integrated with their neighbors," Fox News host Sean Hannity said to Ramaswamy during an interview earlier this week.
"What I said is it would be a mark of success if we ever got to a point in our relationship with Israel if Israel never needed the United States' aid," the GOP hopeful replied.
"Why did you say that Israel should not have preferential treatment from us? That's a direct quote," Hannity emphasized.
The biotech millionaire said "he read 'direct quotes from headlines summarized by opposition research fed to the fake news media," according to Vanity Fair.
The publication notes that after Ramaswamy wrote an op-ed "in which he said he would cut a deal with Russian president Vladimir Putin to block Ukraine's entrance into NATO, end Western sanctions on Russia, and accept Russian claims on the territories it has occupied in Ukraine," adding that "he would convince Russia to enter peace negotiations with Ukraine and sever its military alliance with China, thereby isolating the communist superpower."
He wrote, "We will be Uncle Sucker no more. I will lead America from moralism to realism."
In response, "Fox & Friends cohosts Brian Kilmeade and Steve Doocy appeared utterly baffled by Ramaswamy's diplomatic fantasizing," according to the report.
"I don't get it,” Kilmeade said.
"He's wrong about all that foreign policy stuff," Doocy added. "It's that easy."
Vanity Fair's report is available at this link (subscription required).
- Vivek Ramaswamy will appoint Elon Musk if elected 'because he laid off 75% of the employees at Twitter' ›
- Is Vivek Ramaswamy a different kind of Republican cat? ›
- Flat out 'false': NYT fact-checker slams Vivek Ramaswamy’s 'unorthodox' GOP debate claims ›
- 'Didn’t even invite him': Mehdi Hasan explains how he ruffled Vivek Ramaswamy’s 'easy ride' - Alternet.org ›
- Ramaswamy campaign hats made in repressive nation with ‘one of the worst governments in the world’ - Alternet.org ›