'Chickens are coming home to roost': Nick Fuentes contradicts Ye’s campaign manager over Mar-a-Lago dinner
As reports continue to circulate about former President Donald Trump's controversial dinner with far-right white nationalist influencer Nick Fuentes, more details are coming to light about that night at Mar-a-Lago.
In response to the critical reactions, Trump has insisted that he had no idea who Fuentes was prior to the dinner at his Mar-a-Lago estate, a claim Fuentes has also confirmed. It has been suspected that Fuentes attended the meeting with Ye, the rapper formally known as Kanye West, in an effort to troll the former president.
According to NBC News, Milo Yiannopoulos, a former editor for Breitbart who now serves as a political adviser to West, "backed up" those trolling claims.
"As advisers to Trump have attempted to quell the backlash, some have insisted that the former president was essentially tricked by the rapper and his guests — a suspicion backed up by Milo Yiannopoulos, the anti-Trump, far-right provocateur who is now acting as a political adviser to Ye," the news outlet reported.
However, Fuentes is now pushing back against Yiannopoulos' claims. Speaking to NBC News, he recounted all that transpired at Mar-a-Lago.
“We saw everybody in the dining room get up and start applauding, and then the president entered,” Fuentes told NBC News. “He greeted us, and he invited Ye into dinner and Ye said that he wanted to bring us with him to the table. So we walked in and Ye took some pictures with some of the guests in the dining room and then we sat down at the table.”
However, Yiannopoulos and Fuentes appear to agree on one aspect of the debacle: the dinner was an intentional effort to attack Trump.
Per NBC News, Yiannopoulos said "he arranged the dinner 'just to make Trump’s life miserable' because news of the dinner would leak and Trump would mishandle it."
Fuentes also had a similar take on the situation. “I hate to say it, but the chickens are coming home to roost. You know, this is the frustration with his base and with his true loyalists,” he said.
- 'Nightmare': Longtime Trump adviser warns Fuentes meeting is 'another reason' people want 'DeSantis to run' ›
- GOP lawmaker faces deep scrutiny for excusing Trump’s controversial meeting with Nick Fuentes ›
- 'Just a disaster': Right-wing journalist reacts with horror to Trump’s reported meeting with Nick Fuentes ›
- 'Not accidental': GOP governor admonishes Donald Trump for dining with Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes ›
- Watch: Trump-loving Nick Fuentes gets into food fight with In-N-Out patrons - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s bigoted dinner guest Nick Fuentes favors burning women alive - Alternet.org ›
- 'His world is so, so small': Trump advisers claim 'the magic is gone' as he wanders around Mar-a-Lago - Alternet.org ›