Judge stays Steve Bannon's prison sentence while appeal moves forward
United States District Court Judge Carl Nichols entered an order on Monday that officially means conservative provocateur Steve Bannon will be allowed to remain free while he appeals his prison sentence.
Last week, Bannon filed notice of appeal after Nichols sentenced him to four months in prison for contempt of Congress.
In an order on Monday, Nichols made Bannon's temporary freedom official.
"Accordingly, it is ORDERED that the sentence in this case shall be STAYED pending Stephen K. Bannon's appeal of his conviction," the filing said.
- Steve Bannon tosses his own lawyers under the bus in plea for ... ›
- 'He should not be free': Legal experts frustrated that Steve Bannon ... ›
- Watch: Steve Bannon says Republicans will teach Democrats a ... ›
- 'He was fine with the sedition and the bigotry': CNN analyst torches Steve Bannon for his criticism of Trump - Alternet.org ›
- 'It’s his life': Steve Bannon’s attorney explains why he’s bailing on his client's fraud case - Alternet.org ›