‘Where is Nancy?’: Assailant who attacked Paul Pelosi was searching for Speaker, ‘echoes’ of J6 insurrectionists – reports
The man who broke into the home of Nancy Pelosi and beat her husband, 82-year old Paul Pelosi with a hammer, was specifically searching for the Speaker of the House, shouting “Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?” echoing the calls of the January 6 insurrectionists who “stormed Speaker Pelosi’s office” that day in 2021.
“The assailant was in search of Speaker Pelosi, according to a person briefed on the attack,” The New York Times reports. “Before the assault occurred, the intruder confronted Mr. Pelosi in their home shouting, ‘Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?'”
Political consultant and writer Jamison Foser noted that House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy last year had said it “will be hard not to hit” Pelosi with the gavel if he becomes Speaker of the House.
CNN aired McCarthy’s remarks on air last year.
CBS News Congressional Correspondent Scott MacFarlane, who has done extensive reporting on the January 6 insurrection, also noticed “The echoes of Jan 6, 2021.”
CNN is now reporting that the assailant was trying to tie up Paul Pelosi until there Speaker returned home.
Some are calling the attack and assassination attempt.
“Let’s be clear- there was an assassination attempt on Speaker Pelosi’s life last night. Her husband was brutally beaten with a hammer. Right wing political leaders fueling hateful rhetoric need to be held accountable,” said L. Louise Lucas, President Pro tempore, Senate of Virginia.
“The assassination attempt today on Speaker Pelosi reminds me of when that Trump Republican sent a bunch of pipe bombs to Dems right before the election and then the news just moved on. Remember? There were 16 different bombs,” wrote Jason Karsh.
“Explain to me how the attack on Paul Pelosi wasn’t politically motivated. It was an assassination attempt on Nancy Pelosi. CNN says the intruder carrying a hammer shouted ‘Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?'” wrote journalist David Leavitt.
McCarthy has not issued any statement on what some are calling a possible assassination attempt of the Speaker of the House.
- Nancy Pelosi cites the death penalty in push back against San ... ›
- Nancy Pelosi announces that she's caving to conservative ... ›
- Nancy Pelosi: Donald Trump 'not man enough' to testify before ... ›
- DHS fears 'heightened threats' of political violence as Election Day draws closer: bulletin - Alternet.org ›
- 'Break her kneecaps': Feds charge suspect who attacked Paul Pelosi as new details on his motivation are revealed - Alternet.org ›
- 'The original sin begins with us': 'Fire Pelosi' leader decries right-wing’s 'toxic' rhetoric after assault - Alternet.org ›
- 'Drop the hammer': Judge releases footage of 'violent attack' on Paul Pelosi - Alternet.org ›