Read: J6 committee officially issues damning subpoena to Trump — and gives him 2 weeks to comply
The U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack has formally issued a damning subpoena to Donald Trump, the former president, specifically stating, “you personally orchestrated and oversaw a multi-part effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election and to obstruct the peaceful transition of power.”
Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) signed the 10-page document that gives Trump two weeks to comply.
The Committee’s subpoena accuses Trump of (below are direct quotes):
Read the first page of the subpoena below and read the full document at this link.
- 'I am unrepentant': Josh Hawley defiant in far right convention ... ›
- Watch: Pence says he would 'consider' appearing before J6 ... ›
- J6 committee chair tests positive for COVID - Alternet.org ›
- Trump ignores J6 committee deadline to submit documents - Alternet.org ›
- J6 committee announces plan for final report - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: J6 committee votes to send four criminal referrals against Donald Trump to DOJ - Alternet.org ›