Donald Trump says American Jews 'have to get their act together'
Former President Donald Trump on Sunday griped on his Twitter copycat app Truth Social that American Jews should be more "appreciative" of him and boasted that he is popular enough in Israel that he could be its prime minister.
"No President has done more for Israel than I have. Somewhat surprisingly, however, our wonderful Evangelicals are far more appreciative of this than the people of the Jewish faith, especially those living in the U.S.," Trump carped.
He added that "those living in Israel, though, are a different story - Highest approval rating in the World, could easily be P.M.! U.S. Jews have to get their act together and appreciate what they have in Israel - Before it is too late!"
READ MORE: How Can Jews Still Be Republicans?
Twenty-two minutes later, Trump endorsed Republican United States Congressman Lee Zeldin's campaign for governor of New York.
Zeldin is Jewish.
"I have watched and known Congressman Lee Zeldin for many years. He is a great and brilliant lawyer who was a 'must see' for others in Congress when they had a complex legal problem that was holding up legislation. Lee was strong on the Border, Crime, our great Military & Vets (like few others!), and fought hard to protect our 2nd Amendment, and succeeded. Lee Zeldin is a WINNER who GOT THINGS DONE. He will be a GREAT Governor of New York, and has my Complete & Total Endorsement," Trump said. "GOOD LUCK LEE!"
- Holocaust meme-tweeting House Republican casts only 'no' vote on ... ›
- 'Disturbing': Ben Shapiro tears into Kanye West's conservative ... ›
- Internet Pounds 'All-Around Ugly Human' Eric Trump Over 'Anti ... ›
- GOP candidate stumbles over his words when asked if Trump is a viable 2024 presidential candidate - Alternet.org ›
- 'Keep me out of it': Benjamin Netanyahu dodges talking about Donald Trump's 2024 campaign ›