Florida prosecutor sheds light on 'another troubling thing' revealed during the search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate
In the wake of the latest developments involving the Federal Bureau of Investigations' (FBI) search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago, many have suggested that the U.S. Department of Justice appears to be zeroing in on former President Donald Trump.
Now, a Florida prosecutor is weighing in with his assessment of the case while shedding light on another disturbing aspect of the investigation that was revealed during the search.
During a recent appearance on MSNBC's "The Katie Phang Show," Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg spoke to guest host Cori Coffin where he insisted that it appears the former president may be facing an unprecedented legal bind.
At one point during the broadcast, Coffin shared a highlighted clip of former FBI Assistant Director Counterintelligence Frank Figliuzzi as he explained why he believes it would have been impossible for Trump to have pulled it off alone.
"He can't have done this all alone and it's unlikely that he packed all those boxes, kept them in wherever they were at Mar-a-Lago, someone had to have knowledge of this and I think they're looking at other people as well," Figliuzzi said.
Then, Coffin asked, "Dave, what is your take on that, whether investigators could be looking at others and Trump's circle?"
Aronberg noted that he agreed with the assessment. "I agree with that and I think Trump will try to make someone into the fall guy," he said as he jokingly added, "Be careful, Mark Meadows."
He continued, "I do think the investigation is just beyond Donald Trump. I think Trump has to be worried about the mole within Mar-a-Lago because there is a reason why they got a search warrant. They had someone on the inside who knew that Trump was allegedly lying about the possession of these documents and knew where it was located -- inside that safe.
"Here's the other troubling thing: based on the statutes cited, that mole may have also told the feds that Trump had destroyed documents," he added. "So, it's not just that Trump possessed documents, but that that secret source may have observed Trump destroying the documents, which is another crime altogether."
He concluded, "So yeah, he's got a lot to worry about, because the one thing you know about Donald Trump, he values loyalty above everything else, even though loyalty, to him, is one-way street."
Watch the video or click here.
MSNBC 08 13 2022 07 08 15 youtu.be
- Trump lawyer reveals the three areas the FBI focused on during Mar ... ›
- 'I'd be advising my client to tell their family I'm looking at jail time ... ›
- 'Something went haywire': Ex-federal prosecutor breaks down one ... ›
- Mar-a-Lago smoking gun footage may mean DOJ may not have recovered all the classified material: legal experts - Alternet.org ›
- 'Fire to burn': Criminologist warns Trump supporters could react violently if he is indicted - Alternet.org ›
- 'Outrageous rhetoric': Maryland governor blasts fellow Republicans for 'defund the FBI' proposals - Alternet.org ›
- 'This one is different': Trump allies increasingly concerned about 'deeply serious' scandal - Alternet.org ›
- 'Nonsensical defense': MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan tears apart Republican 'lies' about Mar-a-Lago search - Alternet.org ›
- How Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon paved the way for Donald Trump: conservative columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-federal prosecutor: DOJ may believe Donald Trump possesses more secret documents - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump throws Truth Social tantrum demanding recusal of Mar-a-Lago warrant judge - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump took White House documents because 'he liked cool things' and 'he could': John Bolton - Alternet.org ›