Trump, allies prep to launch voter fraud battle in Georgia over Brian Kemp's gubernatorial primary win
Former President Donald Trump and his allies appear to be focused on pushing a narrative similar to the one he circulated after losing the 2020 election. Trump's political action committee (PAC) is attempting to attribute Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's (R) recent gubernatorial primary victory to voter fraud, according to Business Insider.
On Tuesday, May 31, Trump's "Save America" PAC began circulating a SubStack article written by former Newsmax correspondent, Emerald Robinson. The piece, titled, "Something Stinks in Georgia," baselessly suggests Kemp won as a result of fraud.
"On Primary Day in Georgia, Kemp gets 74% and Perdue gets 22%. Nobody in any election in America gets 74% of the votes. Ever. It doesn't happen," Robinson wrote. "Obvious fraud."
Per Insider, "The claim was made despite the very clear result, in which Kemp came 52 percentage points ahead of Trump endorsee David Perdue, winning 7% to 22%."
Trump's latest attempt to use his infamous voter fraud argument follows his months-long battle after the 2020 presidential election where he and his allies insisted widespread voter fraud was apparent in multiple battleground states where he lost to President Joe Biden. In fact, his latest attempted election conspiracy appears to be a form of retaliation as a result of his endorsed candidates losing primary elections.
Trump endorsed former Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) in the gubernatorial race against Kemp. He also endorsed Rep. Jody Hice (R-Ga.) in the Secretary of State primary election against Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R). Both his endorsed candidates lost bids for the midterm election set to take place in November.
Over the last two years, the argument has become a go-to for the former disgraced president and members of his Make America Great Again (MAGA) coalition whenever they suffer losses. The argument has been widely criticized as it undermines the integrity of fair elections.
- 'One trick pony' Donald Trump torched for defaulting to voter fraud ... ›
- Some Republicans are now fleeing from Trump's election fraud ... ›
- Conservative maps out the psychology of how Trump's voter fraud ... ›
- A government official helped them register to vote. Now they’ve been charged with voter fraud - Alternet.org ›
- Trump-backed PAC paid Melania Trump's fashion designer $60K: report - Alternet.org ›
- Civil fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump and three of his children filed by New York attorney general: report - Alternet.org ›
- Alabama’s GOP chair voted using an ID card he made himself: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'You did what now?' Experts aghast after Donald Trump admits he 'fixed' Ron DeSantis’ 2018 election - Alternet.org ›