Steve Bannon heckled during rant about Republicans governing for '100 years' outside federal courthouse
Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon's attempt at a fiery populist speech in front of a federal courthouse was marred by a single protester on Wednesday.
Bannon is asking a Trump-appointed judge to dismiss two contempt of Congress charges against him for refusing to cooperate with the Jan. 6 Committee.
When he arrived at the courthouse Wednesday morning, his team was already waiting and prepared to stream the video to a pro-MAGA social media network.
Bannon spoke from behind a meager assembly of two microphones. He was barely audible on the Gettr stream.
He attacked the Jan. 6 Committee because "their ratings stink and they can't compete with the trial of Bannon."
"That's why they canceled," he said, referring to a Wednesday hearing.
As Bannon ranted, a lone protester with a "Failed Coup" sign strategically flanked him.
One reporter asked Bannon if his goal was authoritarianism.
"We believe in free and fair and transparent elections! And we're winning everywhere!" he exclaimed. "This is going to be a massive blowout like 1932. You're witnessing, right now, a political realignment like 1932. And we will govern for 100 years after we win 100 seats."
"Do you want to govern as a one-party kind of total government?" the reporter wondered. "Do you want to destroy the Democratic Party?"
"Well, I believe that we will destroy the Democratic Party as a national political institution," he replied. "A populist uprising of Hispanics, African-Americans and working-class people is before us!"
Watch the video from GETTR.
Steve Bannon on GETTR : Steve Bannon Arrives at Federal Courthousegettr.com
Steve Bannon Arrives at Federal Courthouse
- Lincoln Project's Rick Wilson explains why Steve Bannon 'must be ... ›
- Two Steve Bannon associates plead guilty to criminal charges in ... ›
- Steve Bannon has an 'arcane' legal strategy to avoid prison: report ... ›
- 'Like interviewing the Joker': Eric Swalwell predicts 'zero' value from Steve Bannon’s potential testimony - Alternet.org ›
- FBI interviews Trump attorney in connection with Steve Bannon’s contempt case - Alternet.org ›
- 'Would lie about anything' New book exposes Steve Bannon's contradicting remarks on whether or not Trump tells lies - Alternet.org ›
- 'Conviction may encourage others to stop obstructing' Legal experts share their reaction to Bannon's guilty verdict - Alternet.org ›