Michael Flynn endorses 'insane' COVID-19 conspiracy theory that claims vaccines turn people into zombies
Retired Army Lieutenant General and disgraced ex-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is a notorious peddler of outlandish conspiracy theories, especially those that originate inside QAnon or spew from the pouty lips of former President Donald Trump.
In particular, Flynn, a Trump-pardoned convicted felon, has focused much of his paranoia on ginning up opposition to COVID-19 vaccines and sowing doubts about the nature of SARS-COV-2. For example, Flynn has claimed that the inoculations were covertly added to salad dressings by the "Deep State" to secretly poison unsuspecting Americans. Flynn has also stated that a “global elite type of people” engineered the coronavirus pandemic to prepare the world for their next artificially-concocted outbreak, which Flynn believes "is potentially another type of virus that’s imposed on the public."
Part of that scheme, Flynn maintained, was that a shadowy cabal of international powerbrokers intended to exploit the crisis as a means of stealing the 2020 election away from Trump.
But on Sunday, Flynn endorsed yet another fringe – and absolutely looney – conservative delusion about COVID-19 vaccinations during an appearance on right-wing radio host Clay Clark's ReAwaken America Tour.
This latest ill-begotten contention was put forth on May 1st by disinformation podcaster Jeffrey Prather. Here are the basics:
- Vaccines contain inactive "lipid nanoparticles" embedded with deadly "chimeric pathogens" which were genetically programmed to animate when properly triggered.
- The germs supposedly lying dormant include E. Coli, Ebola, Marburg – a highly fatal viral hemorrhagic fever, and brewers yeast – an ingredient added to ferment beer and bake bread.
- The "pathogens" will be activated when 5G towers thrice broadcast an 18 gigahertz signal for one minute.
- The specified frequency subsequently causes "1P36 gene deletion," turning vaccine recipients into zombies. More on that one in a moment.
"This pathogen that you just talked about; I think that there's been some great articles written about how it relates to the 5G technology that is being input basically globally," Flynn said of thoroughly debunked "alterative" research. "But my statement is that because this is a good versus evil time. It is actually one of the most consequential periods in history to be alive."
Next, Clark aired a brief clip of Prather discussing his unfounded ideas, which disturbed him greatly.
"That would cause you to begin to have seizures, begin to bite people, and to have problems with your frontal lobe," he declared. "It's a lot. It's heavy."
Watch below via PatriotTakes:
A lot? Obviously. Heavy? Sure. Accurate? Not in the least.
While 1P36 gene deletion is listed as a possible side effect of the Pfizer jab, it is a congenital disorder affecting the cognitive development of roughly one out of every 5000 fetuses. It is not something that spontaneously occurs in adults, nor does it turn newborns into cannibalistic mutants. To date, no reports of vaccinated undead corpses terrorizing the country have emerged.
On September 6th, 2021, the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a study on the safety of getting the Pfizer shot during pregnancy.
The agency concluded:
Accumulating data on the safety of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy from the v-safe pregnancy registry adds to the growing body of evidence of the safety of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy.
- No evidence of any increase in spontaneous abortion rate
- No evidence of any disproportionate infant outcomes
The Twitterverse had a grand time mocking Flynn's misguided medical mania.
qanon lexicon definition of vaccine: a lipid nanotechnology containing e coli Marburg, ebola staphylococcus, brewer's yeast for some reason???, and an ablist description of a congenital genetic disorder affecting 1 in 5,000 live births that is activated over 5G by an 18gHz EMPpic.twitter.com/doNQ2bBcUA— Brianna Chesser (@Brianna Chesser) 1652071986
So let's get this straight. I got the vaccines for free, and as an added bonus, I can become a zombie and eat people? That's what I call value!— Marshall Law (@Marshall Law) 1652050135
Who lets these people out of the rubber room long enough to record a podcast?— Dmin (@Dmin) 1652118419
1 more bar and the urge to bite will set in.— PatriotTakes \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8 (@PatriotTakes \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8) 1652051976
Double vaxxed and boosted here, and have a 5G phone.\nThe only thing I've had an uncontrollable urge to bite so far has been Buffalo wings.— From the Desk of Bizzle (@From the Desk of Bizzle) 1652049776
There is an insane amount of insanity in that short video. I just can\u2019t get my head around how someone could create this type of conspiracy theory AND get others to believe it too.— Chris Friedrich (@Chris Friedrich) 1652110362
It takes some impressive careening off the rails to make Soviet-style propaganda seem legit. By golly, though, Flynn and his comrades are charging ahead at full speed. Perhaps somewhere down the line, a collapsed bridge awaits this hot mess express.
What happens when this fails to materialize? What are they gonna say? What excuse are they going to issue for people not turning into zombies?— The Office of Idealistic Pragmatist (@The Office of Idealistic Pragmatist) 1652053843
No. That KGB propaganda wasn\u2019t based on insane people spouting off ridiculous things with just enough science buzzwords to make morons think it is true.— WhiskeyLen (@WhiskeyLen) 1652058963
You are close but you\u2019ve got it wrong the one that\u2019s vaccinated will be infected in the unvaccinated! This is part of the two dimensional split that we are going to go into those that aren\u2019t vaccinated will be stuck in the third dimension. Those that go to the 5th.— Don Foulks (@Don Foulks) 1652054564
...and you see, here we are. Oh my goodness...\nIf you made a Firesign Theater reference, I want to follow you.— Words_of_Brisdom \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\u262e\ufe0f\ud83d\udd25\u2648\ud83c\udff4\u200d\u2620\ufe0f\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83c\udf1e\ud83c\udf35 (@Words_of_Brisdom \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\u262e\ufe0f\ud83d\udd25\u2648\ud83c\udff4\u200d\u2620\ufe0f\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83c\udf1e\ud83c\udf35) 1652055965
No surprise, Flynn is using the Russian disinformation playbook. There\u2019s more evidence that Flynn has taken over the role of Q than that the vaccines are going to do anything but help keep you from dying of COVID. Why is he doing this? He\u2019s using fear to control large groups— Faith (@Faith) 1652053604
Can anyone think of anyone more capable of destabilizing the US on Putin's behalf than former director of intelligence for Joint Special Operations Command with service in Afghanistan and Iraq, and fmr Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency Michael Flynn?pic.twitter.com/vqG8NAVosf— Paul Garlow \ud83d\ude37 \ud83d\udd6f\ud83c\udf4e\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 (@Paul Garlow \ud83d\ude37 \ud83d\udd6f\ud83c\udf4e\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6) 1652119626
How Flynn managed to weasel his way into the uppermost echelons of American political power ignited some unsettling bewliderment.
How did this guy get to be so high ranking in the U.S. Military?— STIOF\u00c1N (@STIOF\u00c1N) 1652050262
And this guy used to be a US general? That\u2019s what\u2019s frightening to us!— M2-Fashions (@M2-Fashions) 1652114747
Speaking of zombies...
I think I found those zombies in which they speak of. https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1523040542208135168?t=eAtdWLL_PXBUrCqDGkbk9Q&s=19\u00a0\u2026— \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83c\udf3bMaxie Mama\ud83c\udf3b\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 (@\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83c\udf3bMaxie Mama\ud83c\udf3b\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6) 1652065877
The zombies are already here. It's not because of the vaccine. pic.twitter.com/dAtvJ0uAgx— RJ - Nerd Dad \ud83d\ude37\ud83d\udc89 *Codify Roe v. Wade* (@RJ - Nerd Dad \ud83d\ude37\ud83d\udc89 *Codify Roe v. Wade*) 1652051183
- A former Trump aide is trying to build a violent, ultranationalist, right ... ›
- Michael Flynn proves that he has no idea what the United States ... ›
- Anti-vaxx 'expert' claims vaccines will turn people into 'transhumanist ... ›
- Mike Flynn believes he's being 'persecuted' because he’s getting fined by the US Army for being on Russia’s payroll - Alternet.org ›
- These Christian activists are pushing back against Roger Stone and Michael Flynn’s 'toxic' MAGA fundamentalism - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn busted showing a fake Statue of Liberty while asking for donations to sketchy charity - Alternet.org ›
- US Army reportedly seeking to recover funds for unauthorized foreign payments made to Michael Flynn by Russia, Turkey - Alternet.org ›
- Inside the secret campaign to distance a former Trump NSA official from Michael Flynn's security team - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn bizarrely predicts governors might 'declare war' soon - Alternet.org ›
- 'Plundered health systems for profit': Pfizer reports staggering $100 billion in revenue in 2022 - Alternet.org ›
- The hunt for 'zombie' viruses: How climate change could unleash infectious diseases 'frozen in permafrost' - Alternet.org ›