Watch: Greg Abbott faces boos at site of Uvalde shooting as he arrives to meet with Biden
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) faced heckling and jeers on Sunday as he arrived to meet President Joe Biden at the site of a school shooting in Uvalde.
In videos shared on Twitter, members of the crowd could be heard booing Abbott by name as he wheeled passed the Robb Elementary school sign.
Abbott was later seen speaking with the president. The governor has faced criticism for loosening gun regulations in the years before the shooting in Uvalde.
Watch the video clips below or at this link.
\u201cGovernor @GregAbbott_TX and @TonyGonzales4TX were welcomed by boos from the #Uvalde community members who are standing by Robb elementary.\u201d— Jose Arredondo (@Jose Arredondo) 1653841292
\u201cNow Texas Governor Greg Abbott has arrived. Recieved a few boos and jeers from the crowd gathered here.\u201d— Robert Sherman (@Robert Sherman) 1653841268
- 'Taking us all for fools': Critics decimate Greg Abbott's claims and ... ›
- Greg Abbott's 'political theater' inflicted major supply chain damage ... ›
- 'Greg Abbott is a murderer': Texas governor admonished for sending ... ›
- Teachers in Austin slam Ted Cruz’s 'abominable' response to Uvalde tragedy - Alternet.org ›
- 'Cowards': Uvalde teacher wounded in mass shooting torches local PD for failing to protect and serve - Alternet.org ›
- Gov. Greg Abbott appoints officer indicted for misconduct during George Floyd protests to police regulatory agency - Alternet.org ›
- 'A bunch of New Yorkers in addition to George Soros': Greg Abbott accused of antisemitism - Alternet.org ›