Marjorie Taylor Greene urges Ukraine to surrender
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on Wednesday slammed President Joe Biden for sending more military aid to Ukraine, and said that things would be better off if Ukrainians just gave up their efforts to resist the Russian invasion.
In a Facebook address to her supporters, Greene laid out the case against helping the Ukrainians with more weapons.
"If we truly care about suffering and death on our television screens, we cannot fund more of it by sending money and weaponry to fight a war they cannot possibly win!" she said. "The only effect of more arms and more money from America will be to prolong the war!"
Greene went on to say that America was giving Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his people "false hope about a war they can't win."
In fact, many military experts think that Russia's invasion has broadly stalled, and Ukraine reports that it has killed four different Russian generals after less than a month of fighting, which suggests that the possibility for victory by the Ukrainians is far from hopeless.
Greene concluded by saying that she wanted to stop the Ukrainain arms shipments because "as Christians" she didn't want to produce "any more human suffering."
Watch the video below.
mtg address 1youtu.be
- CNN's Jake Tapper stunned by Marjorie Taylor Greene's meltdown ... ›
- Americans admonish Marjorie Taylor Greene's 'reprehensible ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene is profiting from the same government debt ... ›
- Former US ambassador to Ukraine warns: Putin will only get worse if his invasion succeeds - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene slammed for possibly making her most baseless claim yet - Alternet.org ›
- New political ad captures MTG accidentally exposing the disturbing truth about the GOP - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: GOP Rep. Greene warns Pete Buttigieg and his husband to 'stay out of girls’ bathrooms' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene is going after GOP lawmakers for supporting Ketanji Jackson's SCOTUS nomination - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene goes on unhinged anti-LGBTQ rant warning of the end of our 'sick' civilization - Alternet.org ›
- Veterans and lawmakers blast 'idiot' Rep. Greene for saying joining US military is 'throwing your life away' - Alternet.org ›
- Ukraine sinks Russian Navy's flagship - Alternet.org ›
- Judge rules effort to bar Marjorie Taylor Greene from office over Jan. 6 can proceed - Alternet.org ›
- New texts reveal Marjorie Taylor Greene’s panicked response on Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Fox News she doesn’t even 'recall' what is being reported about her 'Marshall Law' texts - Alternet.org ›
- The GOP’s authoritarian MAGA insanity isn’t getting better — and it won’t: conservative - Alternet.org ›
- 'You're a shame': Veteran confronts 'grand stander' Marjorie Taylor Greene for her 'craziness' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene and conspiracy theorists are now suggesting Dems are torching facilities to cause food shortages - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Gates wants to control people with monkeypox & force them to drink 'poop water': MGT - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene mocked for 'peach tree dish' flub — but it’s her anti-LGBTQ attacks that are really 'harmful' - Alternet.org ›
- The MAGA caucus are 'bullies' willing to 'shoot the hostage': GOP senior staffer - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene claims that 'crimes have been committed against me' in bizarre House floor rant - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: MTG brags about racist rant telling reporter to 'go back to your country' - Alternet.org ›
- Polish prime minister lays out the potential international ramifications 'if Ukraine falls' - Alternet.org ›
- Commentary: Marjorie Taylor Greene says Americans should not be "prideful" on July 4th - Alternet.org ›
- Conservative explains why the GOP is beyond salvation — despite the efforts of 'reasonable Republicans' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene says the Navy will be 'force fed' bugs and Krabby Patties - Alternet.org ›
- How 'unhinged' MAGA Republicans 'went full Putin' during Zelensky’s White House visit: libertarian - Alternet.org ›