Lindsey Graham's attempted criticism of Biden backfires when Twitter users flip the script
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) was recently slammed on Twitter when he attempted to attack President Joe Biden after taking his remarks out of context. The latest ordeal stems from Biden's speech at an emergency summit of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) leaders who are working toward resolutions for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
At one point during the speech, Biden noted that he was inspired to run for president after hearing former President Donald Trump's divisive “both sides” comment following the chaotic "Unite the Right" rally that was held in Charlottesville, Va., back in 2017. Apparently, Biden's words ruffled the Republican lawmaker's feathers.
Graham, a known Trump sycophant, took to Twitter to voice his frustrations tweeting, “As Ukraine burns, President Biden is talking about Charlottesville and domestic politics. Very sad.”
As Ukraine burns, President Biden is talking about Charlottesville and domestic politics. Very sad.— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1648146957
However, it appears Graham missed the full context of Biden's remarks. Twitter users quickly fired back to offer insight on the remarks noting that Biden only mentioned the former president in response to a reporter's question. Others also gave Graham a brief reminder of how Trump conducted press conferences often spiraling into personal tantrums.
"As Ukraine burns, Republicans are talking about CRT and reversing court decisions legalizing interracial marriage," Brian Tyler Cohen tweeted. "Very sad."
As Ukraine burns, Republicans are talking about CRT and reversing court decisions legalizing interracial marriage. Very sad.— Brian Tyler Cohen (@Brian Tyler Cohen) 1648147213
"Stopping white nationalists is pretty important to everyone who is not a white nationalist," another user tweeted. "Interesting you don't think it's important."
Stopping white nationalists is pretty important to everyone who is not a white nationalist. Interesting you don't think it's important.— CAMPBIZZLE \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\u2764\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 (@CAMPBIZZLE \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\u2764\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6) 1648147079
Still the loyal lapdog. Very sad.https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1507063687919587328\u00a0\u2026— Bob Levine (@Bob Levine) 1648147638
Apparently the idea that a president can do more than one thing at a time is hard for Lindsay to understand.— Nurse Linda (@Nurse Linda) 1648147594
It\u2019s called multitasking. Something a leader absolutely does need to be able to do. But you wouldn\u2019t know anything about being a leader.— Susan (@Susan) 1648149210
Sit down Lindsey. We know the question that was asked.— Chiefjfp\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83d\udc99\ud83d\udc99\ud83d\udc99 (@Chiefjfp\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83d\udc99\ud83d\udc99\ud83d\udc99) 1648163101
- Sen. Lindsey Graham accused of being 'very disrespectful' in ... ›
- Lindsey Graham slammed for buffoonish questioning of Biden's ... ›
- Legal experts blast Lindsey Graham's 'disingenuous' questions to ... ›
- Biden calls on Congress to pass legislation making right to abortion federal law - Alternet.org ›
- A 'dancing monkey': Lindsey Graham slammed for new audio that captures him kissing up to Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham explains the difference between Republicans and Democrats in just two sentences - Alternet.org ›
- 'Direct personal knowledge': Federal judge denies Lindsey Graham’s request to quash subpoena - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham insisted law enforcement should have shot Trump rioters amid Capitol insurrection, new book says - Alternet.org ›