Marjorie Taylor Greene rails against COVID vaccines — but owns stock in ‘3 different vaccine makers’: report
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia hasn’t been shy about pandering to anti-vaxxers, anti-maskers and other conspiracy theorists who continue to downplay the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic. But according to the Chatanooga Times Free Press, that hasn’t stopped the far-right MAGA Republican and QAnon supporter from owning stock in companies that manufacture COVID-19 vaccines.
The Free Press’ Kelcey Caulder reports that Greene “reported owning stock in three different COVID-19 vaccine makers during 2020, according to financial disclosures she submitted on August 13.”
According to Caulder, “Greene, who has been critical of vaccine mandates since the start of the pandemic and last month told a town hall she was not vaccinated, held the investments in the companies as Congress was determining how best to manage pandemic relief efforts. Trillions of dollars were funneled into COVID relief bills in 2020 and 2021, including several billion to help drug companies develop, produce and distribute vaccines.”Greene, Caulder reports, owns stock in Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson. According to the disclosure filed in August, her income from her stock in each of the three companies was between $201-$1000.”
A fellow Republican who is calling out Greene’s hypocrisy is Georgia-based businesswoman Jennifer Strahan, who is challenging her in a GOP congressional primary. Because Greene’s district is ultra-conservative and overwhelmingly Republican, any Democrat who competes in the general election is going to face an uphill battle. But Greene’s critics on the right are hoping that Strahan will be able to unseat her via the primary.
Strahan told the Free Press, “Our district deserves someone who is honest and practices what they preach. I know I am not the only one who is surprised to find Rep. Greene owns stock in three of the four major vaccine manufacturing companies despite her open disdain for the vaccine. She simply is not who she tells Georgians she is, and this is just the latest example.”
- Marjorie Taylor Greene slams fellow GOP lawmakers in fiery Twitter ... ›
- Adam Kinzinger mocks Marjorie Taylor Greene's 'Communist ... ›
- 'You crack me up': Marjorie Taylor Greene bursts out laughing when ... ›
- There's a ridiculous 'free speech' debate reigniting over Marjorie Taylor Greene's Twitter ban - Alternet.org ›
- Prominent QAnon anti-vaxxer who called for Anthony Fauci’s execution dies of COVID-19 - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene is profiting from the same government debt she rails against: report - Alternet.org ›