Democrats move to hold Rep. Gosar accountable for posting disturbing video about Rep. Ocasio-Cortez
The House of Representatives on Wednesday will vote on a resolution to censure Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) after he posted an anime video that depicted him murdering Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY).
According to Politico's Heather Caygle, the resolution would not only censure Gosar but also remove him from the House Oversight Committee, where he currently serves alongside Ocasio-Cortez.
The resolution would let Gosar keep his spot on the Natural Resources Committee, which means that he would not be fully stripped of his committee assignments as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) was earlier in the year.
Gosar, who earlier this year also spoke at a conference organized by white nationalists, has claimed that he wasn't advocating violence against Ocasio-Cortez even though the video he posted depicted a cartoon version of himself murdering her.
- Virginia GOP candidate backs away from Trump's Big Lie — but ... ›
- A group of Republican lawmakers now want to openly defend the ... ›
- Republican's own sister goes on CNN to say he is so 'hateful and ... ›
- Kevin McCarthy gets blowback over his handling of Rep. Gosar's ... ›
- Paul Gosar retweets AOC cartoon murder video — minutes after being censured for it - Alternet.org ›