'Communist takeover': Marjorie Taylor Greene rages at rumor of Republicans voting for the infrastructure deal
Controversial Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) blasted fellow members of the GOP caucus after hearing rumors that they would support the "Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework."
Speaker Nancy Pelosi has scheduled a vote for Thursday evening, but dozens of House Democrats have vowed to vote against the bill until the other half of President Joe Biden's "Build Back Better" agenda — the reconciliation bill — gets a vote.
Pelosi is not known as a legislator leader who will schedule votes on bills that lack the support to pass, leaving some to wonder if she has rounded up enough Republican support to pass the bill without the support of House progressives.
When the bill was voted on in the Senate in August, it passed 69-to-30 with 19 Republicans joining a united Democratic caucus in supporting the $1.2 trillion legislation.
"Rumor on Capitol Hill is Republicans, not Democrats, are surrendering to Nancy Pelosi's pressure. It's pathetic that some Republicans are going to pass Biden's communist takeover," Greene said of the bipartisan bill, adding the hashtag #SurrenderCaucus.
She went even further on Steve Bannon's podcast, threatening Republicans with primary challenges.
"Here's what I need all of you to do, I need you to get on board with me. I've already told almost every single Republican in the GOP conference in the House that I will primary them, and personally spend money against them in their primary, if they vote for the Infrastructure Bill or the $3.5 trillion budget," she said.
Greene tonight, \u201cI\u2019ve already told about every single Republican in the GOP conference in the House that I will primary them, and personally spend money against them, if they vote for the Infrastructure Bill or .. budget.\u201dpic.twitter.com/sa9Nq1PgyD— Ron Filipkowski (@Ron Filipkowski) 1633043785
- Prominent GOP 'mega-donors' enthusiastically supported ... ›
- Presidential candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene? The far-right ... ›
- How a QAnon conspiracy theorist won a Georgia GOP ... ›
- Nancy Pelosi officially alerts US attorney of Bannon’s subpoena defiance after calling for him to go to jail - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene whines about being in Congress: 'I don’t want to have anything to do with politics' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Traitors': How Biden got Republicans to go to war with themselves - Alternet.org ›
- 'This isn't fringe anymore': Democrats express horror at Marjorie Taylor Greene's dangerous idea - Alternet.org ›