A 'dark prediction' for 2024: Bill Maher explains worst-case-scenario if Trump wins the next presidential election
Comedian and television host Bill Maher recently detailed a nightmare scenario of what the future could hold for the United States if former President Donald Trump were to be re-elected in 2024.
On Friday's episode of HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher," the primetime host used his New Rules segment to discuss the possibility of Trump winning the 2024 election.
“Don’t make me be, and I told you so again. You know, I was a young man of fifty-nine when I started using the term slow-moving coup, and it pains me to have to report it still moving,” Maher said as he noted aspects of the Eastman memo, "which was basically a blueprint prepared for Trump and how he could steal the election after he lost it in November 2020."
My dark prediction for the 2024 U.S. presidential election.pic.twitter.com/GxHDEVh5dN— Bill Maher (@Bill Maher) 1633755339
He went on to flip the script with an alternate version of what transpired on January 6, 2021. In Maher's depiction, Vice President Kamala Harris (D) would be the one tasked with affirming the Electoral College certification; a scenario of outrage that could easily lead to a chaotic inaugural ceremony.
“The Ding Dongs, who sacked the Capitol last year? That was like when Al Qaeda tried to take down the World Trade Center the first time with a van. It was a joke. But the next time they came back with planes,” Maher said, adding “I hope I scared the shit out of you!"
Although Trump has not officially announced a 2024 presidential run, there are many subtle signs that have increased the chances of him doing so.
- Of course Bill Maher is defending Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema ... ›
- Bill Maher spars with Whoopi Goldberg in ongoing feud over 'Black ... ›
- How Bill Maher justifies rightward shift - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s 'slow-motion coup' is 'right out of the authoritarian playbook': historian - Alternet.org ›
- The GOP is sending very mixed messages about Trump as he threatens to blow up its electoral future - Alternet.org ›
- Why the 'malicious destructiveness' of a second Trump presidency would be much worse than the first: conservative - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Twice-impeached, disgraced loser’ Donald Trump is the ‘favorite’ for 2024: conservative - Alternet.org ›
- How I triggered Bill Maher by writing about white supremacy and standardized tests - Alternet.org ›
- Why the threat of violence was a key part of the blueprint for Trump's attempted coup - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Maher: ‘How do you negotiate with people who think Democrats eat babies?’ - Alternet.org ›
- Chris Christie's comeback tour is a flop - Alternet.org ›
- Montana Democrat sounds the alarm on his party's 'doom’ in rural America — but has an idea to fix it - Alternet.org ›
- This conservative congressman wonders if he has a future in the GOP after voting to impeach Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Here are 7 of the worst political takes of the year - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Maher warns: Republicans running in 2022 midterms make the 2010 ‘kooks’ and ‘extremists’ look tame - Alternet.org ›
- Joe Biden to announce killing of Osama bin Laden's successor - Alternet.org ›
- 'This cannot go on': Bill Maher hopes Trump will face a federal prosecution before his next 'coup attempt' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Get elected and then just not leave': Bill Maher on how Donald Trump and GOP will 'pull off this coup' - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Maher calls out Fox News for selectively ignoring his scathing criticism of Republicans - Alternet.org ›