Anti-vaxxer Allen West taking unproven drugs to treat COVID-19 symptoms: report
Allen West, former congressman and current chairman of the Texas Republican Party, on Saturday announced his plan to suspend all in-person events for his gubernatorial campaign after experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
According to The Daily Beast, West developed symptoms after his wife, Angela, tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID.
"After taking COVID and flu shots, Angela West tested positive for COVID yesterday, Friday," the tweet said.
On Saturday, October 9, the loyal Trump supporter took to Twitter with a series of tweets detailing their illness and the steps he is personally taking to combat the virus.
The unvaccinated former Congressman revealed he is "'already taking Hydrochloroquine and Ivermectin protocols' —two unproven drugs popular with the anti-vaxxer crowd," The Beast reports.
“Col. West is experiencing a low grade fever and light body aches. Out of concern for public health, Col. West is suspending in-person events until receiving an all-clear indication."
He added: “West has publicly stated he supports individual choice and this is reflected in his own family."
1/ After taking COVID and flu shots, Angela West tested positive for COVID yesterday, Friday. Col. West is experiencing a low grade fever and light body aches. Out of concern for public health, Col. West is suspending in-person events until receiving an all-clear indication.pic.twitter.com/Cwpc2XkWVG— Allen West (@Allen West) 1633784444
2/ Col. West will be available through virtual means to do events until his family's health issue is rectified. \n\nHe is already taking Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin protocols. \n\nThe West family thanks y'all for your prayers. "God's blessings and Texas First!"— Allen West (@Allen West) 1633784445
The announcement comes just two days after West attended a packed, indoor campaign event where nearly all attendees were maskless.
It is a packed house here at the Mission Generation Annual Gala & Fundraiser! We will be posting video at a later time, so stay tuned!pic.twitter.com/LB1nBqVtIt— Allen West (@Allen West) 1633652339
Over the last several months, West has made headlines for his disapproval of COVID restrictions as he joined protesters outside of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's (R) mansion.
As a gubernatorial candidate, West has widely opposed vaccine and mask mandates. Speaking to WBAP back in August, West said, ""If you're trying to order people to take a shot that you don't feel comfortable with, that's not an ethical order. That's not a moral order."
- Texas has raised $54 million in private donations for its border wall ... ›
- CPAC has become the place Republicans go to sit around the ... ›
- Texas GOP candidate for governor Allen West calls wife's Dallas ... ›
- Unvaxxed Allen West is 'probably going to be admitted to the hospital' from COVID despite taking ivermectin - Alternet.org ›
- What is a breakthrough infection? Here are 6 questions answered about catching COVID-19 after vaccination - Alternet.org ›
- Feds release Covid reports that destroy right-wing talking points and conspiracy theories - Alternet.org ›
- 'Get vaccinated': Aaron Rodgers comes down with painful COVID condition after refusing the vaccine - Alternet.org ›
- This 42-year-old athlete tragically refused to get vaccinated for COVID-19 — before dying from it - Alternet.org ›
- She had a natural remedy for everything — except COVID - Alternet.org ›
- Texas newspaper editorial explains why Beto O’Rourke is Democrats’ best chance in Lone Star gubernatorial race - Alternet.org ›