Mike Pompeo blames the 'fall of Afghanistan' on critical race theory
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo falsely asserted on Sunday that President Joe Biden had put the U.S. embassy in Kabul at risk by focusing on critical race theory instead of foreign policy.
During an appearance on Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace asked the former secretary of state about what the "fall of Afghanistan" would mean for the reputation of the United States.
"Weak American leadership always harms American security," Pompeo said. "So this is in the context of a Biden administration that has basically abandoned the global stage in favor of climate change. Right? They've been focused on critical race theory while the embassy is at risk."
"That didn't happen during our four years," he added.
Watch the video below from Fox News.
via Fox News
- 'Pipehitters': There is nothing funny about Mike Pompeo's violent ... ›
- 'Do you even know history?': Pompeo mocked for claiming it's ... ›
- 'Been hitting the pipe a little too hard': Mike Pompeo mercilessly ... ›
- 'Appalling': Ted Cruz's attack on CNN reporter covering Afghanistan sparks a sharp backlash - Alternet.org ›
- Pompeo cornered by Fox News' Chris Wallace: 'Do you regret giving the Taliban that legitimacy?' - Alternet.org ›
- MSNBC's Mehdi Hasan slams Pompeo for trying to 'rewrite history' with Afghanistan: 'Hold on, Mike' - Alternet.org ›
- MAGA Republicans’ latest talking point: Blaming 'woke generals' and 'critical race theory' for the Taliban’s victory - Alternet.org ›
- Scathing Kansas City editorial slams 'disingenuous partisan' Mike Pompeo for total hypocrisy over Afghanistan - Alternet.org ›
- These 'anti-interventionist' veterans believe the US stayed in Afghanistan much too long - Alternet.org ›
- Top Democrat blasts Ted Cruz with Afghanistan blame - Alternet.org ›
- Damning video shows Mike Pompeo flatly contradicting himself on Afghanistan: 'No, I'm not defensive' - Alternet.org ›
- Fact-checker debunks Trump’s bogus claim that the Taliban seized '$83 million' in US weapons - Alternet.org ›
- 'Plain false': Fact-checker thoroughly debunks Joni Ernst live on-air over lie about Biden and Afghanistan War vets - Alternet.org ›
- Lindsey Graham stuns host with claim the US will invade Afghanistan again: 'Are you serious?' - Alternet.org ›
- Newly unredacted documents reveal a litany of allegations from Mike Pompeo’s time at the State Department - Alternet.org ›
- Pompeo's CIA considered kidnapping or assassinating Assange: report - Alternet.org ›