Don Lemon torches Andrew Cuomo seconds after show handoff from Chris Cuomo
CNN hosts Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo's nightly transition turned out a bit different this week due to the latest developments in New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's (D) sexual harassment investigation.
When it came time for Lemon to take over, he spoke briefly with Chris Cuomo as he does almost every evening. The two briefly discussed current events as they exchanged kind words. After Chris Cuomo's segment, he and Lemon spoke about the Capitol police officers who are faced with mental anguish as a result of the insurrection. Neither addressed the elephant in the room but that quickly changed when Lemon took over.
He immediately went in for the kill. Starting with a clip of President Joe Biden insisting Cuomo should step down, Lemon weighed in with his take on Andrew Cuomo's scandal. The first question he asked was in reference to the New York governor.
Don Lemon started talking about Andrew Cuomo the second that his brother got off the airpic.twitter.com/Pd1e7QgogL— Jordan Lancaster (@Jordan Lancaster) 1628042960
"So the question is, what happens now?" Lemon asked. "Will Andrew Cuomo take a page out of the Trump playbook – the last thing you might have expected from him in the past — and just hunker down?"
Lemon went on to describe the governor's statement as "tone-deaf" noting that it "didn't really help him."
Earlier this week, Cuomo released a video statement denying the allegations.
"I want you to know directly from me," Cuomo said in the video, "that I never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances. I am 63 years old. I have lived my entire adult life in public view. That is just not who I am, and that's not who I have ever been."
Lemon went on to share a reaction from Charlotte Bennett, one of the victim's reactions to Cuomo's statement. She made it clear that regardless of Cuomo's remarks, she is not confused about what happened to her. "He sexually harassed me," she told CBS. "I am not confused. It is not confusing. I am living in reality, and it's sad to see that he's not."
The latest comes as the investigation into Andrew Cuomo continues.
- The fall of Gov. Cuomo's top cover-up artist — and why women play along with sexist men - Alternet.org ›
- Did Andrew Cuomo ditch his dog while moving out of the governor’s mansion? - Alternet.org ›
- CNN confirms further review of Chris Cuomo’s role in advising his brother amid sexual misconduct allegations - Alternet.org ›
- CNN’s 'Epic News Bro' fail: Why Chris Cuomo's unethical blunder isn't solely his to own - Alternet.org ›
- Conservative’s scathing video explains why fired CNN host Chris Cuomo was no more unethical than Fox News’ Sean Hannity - Alternet.org ›
- Nassau County won’t charge Andrew Cuomo for sexual misconduct - Alternet.org ›