REVEALED: Joe Manchin was booed by fellow Dems at Caucus luncheon
Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) received quite a surprise when he attended the caucus luncheon for Senate Democratic lawmakers. According to Politico, the embattled Democratic senator attended the luncheon on Tuesday, July 27 as he was met with opposition from his Democratic colleagues.
When Manchin gave a speech, he mentioned the country's deficit which garnered a critical response from Democratic lawmakers. An inside source told the publication that the lawmaker was booed for his pushback.
The criticism of Manchin comes as lawmakers clash over the country's national debt; something many fear will lead to a domino effect of other problems later on down the line.
According to the publication, Manchin views the increasing debt levels as "a heavy burden" that will subsequently "drag down the economy, threaten national security and impose a heavy burden on future generations."
Reports about the latest luncheon come as Manchin continues to push back against his own political party. From national debt to the filibuster, Manchin has been known to go against the Democratic agenda which has led to him being an outcast within the party.
Just weeks ago, Manchin doubled down on his refusal to support President Joe Biden's trillion-dollar package for infrastructure. The West Virginia moderate Democrat indicated that he wanted the financial package to be completely financed.
- Senate Republicans make Joe Manchin look like a gullible chump ... ›
- Here's the most revealing thing Joe Manchin has said about his ... ›
- Workers beg Joe Manchin to save West Virginia pharma plant as his ... ›
- 'They’ve lost control of the mob': Trump booed at rally after telling supporters to 'take the vaccines' - Alternet.org ›
- How the Minnesota GOP imploded: From a toxic workplace to a full-on sex trafficking scandal - Alternet.org ›